+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 715 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495135185585 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Sylvia Browne - Visits from the Afterlife

Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I just finished The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and John Katzenbach The Madman's Tale. Madman's Tale was good. Interesting and fast moving. It kept my interest. The Five People You Meet in Heaven was amazing!! I really loved this book. A great story with an incredible ending. I borrow most books from the library as I read one every day or two but I do believe I will go and buy this book. It is one I think I will go back to time and again, it is THAT good!
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

I am currently reading Fast Food Nation and The Aeneid of Virgil.

I just started Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. It's about 2 magicians in England in the early 1800s, and reads like a fantasy novel as written by Jane Austen.

I'm only 135 pages into it -- it's 780 pages long -- but am loving it so far.

Ooh, that sounds interesting, LAGuy. Let us know if it proves to be as interesting as it's started out.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

FORT Fogey
    The Complete Idiots Guide to Writing Poetry. Honestly. I thought it might help me out a bit with my poetry workshop class.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Oh WomynLee, I've been so tempted to buy that. Do tell if you find it worthwhile.

I've been dabbling at reading "The Rule of Four" on the days that I ride the company bus to work. I've been so tired lately, unfortunately, that I normally sleep the entire way there and back.
    I just finished the Rule of Four. It was pretty good. There was a bit too much side-tracking into little memories/anecdotes for me. Now to find another book!

I just finished Crazy for You - Jennifer Crusie..and I'm half way through Fast Women .. by .. yep.. Jenny Crusie
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I just finished Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser, and I highly recommend it. I was not expecting the book to go so far beyond the point that "fast food sucks," but it really gets to all food and the implications of what we eat. I was never a junk food junkie, but I don't know what I can eat now without feeling like I'm supporting an evil institution (not as if that's going to stop me ). So maybe if someone wants to go on a diet...?

(Really just kidding, I don't believe in dieting.)

+ Reply to Thread