+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 712 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293133183583 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by WomynLee
    I just bought The Family:The Real Story of the Bush Dynasty by Kitty Kelley.
    Oh WomynLee, I've been so tempted to buy that. Do tell if you find it worthwhile.

I've been dabbling at reading "The Rule of Four" on the days that I ride the company bus to work. I've been so tired lately, unfortunately, that I normally sleep the entire way there and back.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Lucy, I am quite enjoying Anna Karenina, it's slow going because I don't have enough time to read but wish I did!

And as for Tess Gerritsen books .... I had read some of them a few years ago and really enjoyed them. I'll have to look for her later ones after I finish some of the reading I have here.

Here's another book that I saw and picked up and that's Coronation Street. It's based on the English soap opera which I've never watched but have heard about. Has anyone read this book?
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

I'm trying to read more biographies, so I picked up Deborah Solomon's biography on Jackson Pollock.
    Ludicrous speed!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus
    Here's another book that I saw and picked up and that's Coronation Street. It's based on the English soap opera which I've never watched but have heard about. Has anyone read this book?
    Rufus, there are a bunch of rabid Corrie fans in their very own thread in "Non-Reality Shows", I would ask them.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Rufus, there are a bunch of rabid Corrie fans in their very own thread in "Non-Reality Shows", I would ask them.
    Thanks AJane, maybe I'll check out the forum although when you use the word "rabid" it makes me a little bit nervous about going in there!
    Darn Kangaroos!! I am le tired.

Cookoff! Recipe Fever in America, by Amy Sutherland, which dishes out the gossipy behind the scenes action of the multiple cook off contests in the USA.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I am starting "The Shining" by Stephen King. This is my first time reading it.

FORT Fogey
    I loved The Shining, Erin! I am a huge fan of King's earlier works, not so much his new stuff.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    I'm trying to read The Little Friend by Donna Tartt. It seems to have become my fall project because I just haven't gotten into it. I really, really loved The Secret Garden by her, and I was hoping that TLF would be great as well, but so far it's pretty mediocre and, (I hate to say it), boring.

It's The Secret History, actually.

I haven't read Donna Tartt's latest. The Secret History is a pretty hard act to follow. I absolutely loved it myself, I've read my copy to rags. I would hate to read her 2nd novel and be disappointed.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread