+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 712 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I loved "Dreamcatcher" by Stephen King. It was my type of book completely. I love the multiple viewpoints and all of the psychological thrills. A++++++++
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Fade to black
    I'm reading "Problems in Contract Law: Cases and Materials."

Fascinating stuff I tell ya. (Actually, I enjoy Contract Law, don't get me started on Civil Procedure though, I'd rather root for the Red Sox)
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    Does my geometry book count??
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I only read one book at a time. I'm presently reading Agatha Christie's Cards on the Table. It's a mystery about a guy who was murdered while four other people were playing a game of bridge in the same room. All that is known is that one of them must have done it. But nobody noticed, because people got up from the card game during various points, and the rest were very enthralled with the game.

I just finished The Man Who Heard the Land by Diane Glancy and am just starting Can of Peas by DePree. I am on a Minnesota fiction kick. Also, interspersing with Wodehouse shorts, Jeeves and Wooster ones.

I'm reading "Naked" - David Sedaris.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Greenie, I loved David Sedaris' 'Me talk pretty one day'. It's fantastic.

scooberoo, do i spy another Agatha Christie fan?

Currently reading Mrs. Dalloway really really slowly, it's a very interesting book, written in a stream of consciousness kind of way. Fantastically written.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Quote Originally Posted by elf_girl
    I'm also attempting (and failing miserably) at reading the LOTR trilogy.

If I ever finish LOTR I may try to tackle The Silmarillion.
    My advice? Pull the ripcord and forget about that series. I didn't like it at all. I made it through The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, then bailed about 30 pages into The Two Towers.

And, scooberoo, Cards on the Table is one of my favorite Agatha Christie books, although I can't remember who did it. Isn't the host of the bridge game called Mr. Shaitana or something like that? Why can I remember that and not who the killer was?!?!

Just finished Ghost Soldiers. I now have the new Harry Potter book laying next to my bed. Should be fun.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

My wife finished her book, and is now reading my 3-book series from Kyle Mills. I wondered if anyone else has read this group of books about renegade FBI agent Mark Beamon?

Rising Phoenix is the first, followed by Storming Heaven, and then Free Fall. He was apparently "discovered" by Tom Clancy, but even with that dubious distinction, I really enjoyed his books. (I hate Tom Clancy)

I've only read one Clancy book, John, and I thought it was pretty good. It was Clear and Present Danger, and I was amazed at Clancy's ability to juggle so many disparate plot lines. He got a tad bogged down in technical detail at times, but overall, I was entertained by the book.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread