+ Reply to Thread
Page 785 of 786 FirstFirst ... 285685735775776777778779780781782783784785786 LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,850 of 7854
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Daily Guideposts it is an annual devotion thing
    March Madness!

I am reading "Mata Hari's Last Dance" by Michelle Moran.
    ďBless the world with your mind, heal the world with your heart, lift the world with your soul; elevate the world with your life.Ē
    ― Matshona Dhliwayo

I'm getting into The Memory Box, by Eva Lesko Natiello and it's really good. Quite interesting about lost memories and mental health.

I am almost finished Stephen King's latest novel he wrote with his son Owen. Great story! https://www.washingtonpost.com/enter...=.a15335b40bf4

FORT Fogey

I finished Reconstructing Amelia yesterday. I have mixed feelings on this book. Overall, I think I'd recommend it to anyone who likes mystery type novels with twists and turns. The cover made all sorts of comparisons to Gone Girl, and I don't think the writing was on that level, but it was an interesting story. The story is about a mother of a 15 year old girl who gets a call that her child who never gets in trouble is being suspended from school for cheating. By the time she gets to the school she learns her daughter is dead having jumped from the roof of the building, and she sets out to find out what was going on in her life to lead to that. There are some plot holes -- including a police officer who lets the grieving mom go along for just about every witness interview. But it held my attention throughout and I read it fast.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

I started Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips one night, then I couldn't sleep! It's very gripping, scary, and frustrating! I want to get to the end already!

I don't usually read this type of book, but it was recommended to me, and once I started it I have to finish it. It's very compelling. Yet, I can't quite say I'm "enjoying" it either, only because of the nature of the drama - it's a horrible situation. But, it's a well done book, so I'd recommend it if you're interested in thriller type novels.

The is the Amazon description:
    The zoo is nearly empty as Joan and her four-year-old son soak up the last few moments of playtime. They are happy, and the day has been close to perfect. But what Joan sees as she hustles her son toward the exit gate minutes before closing time sends her sprinting back into the zoo, her child in her arms. And for the next three hours—the entire scope of the novel—she keeps on running.

Joan’s intimate knowledge of her son and of the zoo itself—the hidden pathways and under-renovation exhibits, the best spots on the carousel and overstocked snack machines—is all that keeps them a step ahead of danger.

A masterful thrill ride and an exploration of motherhood itself—from its tender moments of grace to its savage power—Fierce Kingdom asks where the boundary is between our animal instinct to survive and our human duty to protect one another. For whom should a mother risk her life?
    JavaJo likes this.

My daughter got me started on a sci fi series by James Corey. The first book is Leviathan Wakes. 600 pages and I read it in two days. Now Iím almost through book two (Calibanís War) and have all the books through five on loan. My daughter is on book seven and awaiting the next one to be published. Itís also been made into a tv series on Syfi (The Expanse). It cycles through several charactersíperspectives and throws a lot of science at you, but Iím on the edge of my seat. No spoilers, please, but if youíve read it, let me know what you thought.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I just started 'Little Women' by Louisa May Alcott. Really enjoying it and it's a perfect book to snuggle with on a cold, rainy weekend!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I just started re-reading "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." They've made it into a movie starring lots of people from Downton Abbey, and the movie comes out in late April. I think they're just calling the movie "Guernsey" . . . disappointing.
    I'm Paula.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

The woman in the window..

Dr. Anna Fox, child psychologist, is having her own issues dealing with agoraphobia.( alcoholism, and agoraphobia all contribute to intensifying a dark and twisty plot.) Her psychologist has her on many medications and Anna is mixing them with alcohol (bad combination. ) As she struggles with her own fears, she watches old horror movies and spies on her neighbors. When her imagination begins mixing with reality, she does not know the difference sometimes. She saw a woman scream, she saw the blood, but was it real? *The Woman in the Window* was well-written, fast-paced, with surprising ending, a great twist. Hard to believe this was a debut book.

I simply could not put this book down, at 1.15 am last night I finished..it will grab you, and not let you go!
    beerbelly and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread