+ Reply to Thread
Page 781 of 781 FirstFirst ... 281681731771772773774775776777778779780781
Results 7,801 to 7,810 of 7810
Like Tree632Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I looked through all our books (we have a huge library) with so many books I haven't read, and found one by her called "Daughter of Fortune". So I will start with that one!

Hmmmm House of Spirits sounds familiar actually, I think I did read that one a long long time ago.
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    What a fabulous time you had at the trade show, Critical! Loved reading all about it and loved the photos! Our libraries still don't have copies of Allende's latest novel. I may have to break down and buy it if they don't get it soon.
    Her newest one doesn't release until next week, so that would explain why they don't have In the Midst of Winter! I think the release date is 10/31. They definitely should have The Japanese Lover though, since that came out in 2015.
    beerbelly likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Has anyone read the Wool series? It was a recommendation, but I'm not sure it's my speed....

I'm re-reading The Kitchen House, which I just love. I wish they'd make it into a movie. My friend gave me the sequel, Glory Over Everything, and I thought I'd better catch up with the events of the first book before starting it. I rarely read things twice, but this one is so good I'm not minding a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Has anyone read the Wool series? It was a recommendation, but I'm not sure it's my speed....
    I loved that series, probably the best dystopian fiction I've read (and I read a lot of it!). I wish they'd make it into a movie.
    beerbelly and navybelle like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Added 'Wool' to my cart!
    waywyrd likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I loved that series, probably the best dystopian fiction I've read (and I read a lot of it!). I wish they'd make it into a movie.
    Is that the one with the silos? That series is terrific. It was one of those that I didn't want to end.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    waywyrd likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult

Powerful book on our American society. Should be required reading for every person.

I'm so busy right now that haven't been able to read on anything too demanding. I keep starting books and then abandoning them after a chapter or two because I just cannot focus. I just read Gabrielle Union's book, We're Going to Need More Wine. I was really impressed with her honesty about her life and her behavior. It was more essays that an actual memoir, but enjoyable.

Can't wait until my busy season is over! I have SO many books I want to read!
    beerbelly likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I started two books..."Heart of Darkness" - fascinating (although I wish my copy didn't have such small type). And since my Amazon Fire has a free copy of the first Harry Potter book...what a joy! I even took a silly on-line quiz to see what house I would be in...Ravenclaw.
    Arielflies likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I started two books..."Heart of Darkness" - fascinating (although I wish my copy didn't have such small type). And since my Amazon Fire has a free copy of the first Harry Potter book...what a joy! I even took a silly on-line quiz to see what house I would be in...Ravenclaw.
    Of course you would be
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread