+ Reply to Thread
Page 770 of 771 FirstFirst ... 270670720760761762763764765766767768769770771 LastLast
Results 7,691 to 7,700 of 7701
Like Tree539Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer161 View Post
    Just started this yesterday...Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng.

Attachment 31964
    we read this for our book club a few months back and we enjoyed it.

also have read The Girls by Emma Cline - https://www.amazon.com/Girls-Emma-Cline/dp/081299860X

The Silent Wife by ASA Harrison - https://www.amazon.com/Silent-Wife-N.../dp/0143123238

and currently reading Straight Man - https://www.amazon.com/Girls-Emma-Cline/dp/081299860X
    Last edited by PGM35; 04-19-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Stargazer161 likes this.
    Most Likely To Love Her Selfie, While Coloring, Pistol Packin', & Loving Her Boxer Babies

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Agreed! I need to balance my library with fiction, non-fiction and 'lighter books'.

Just added 'The Purple Cloud' to my list. That looks wonderful! And nothing makes me happier than adding books to my list to read in the future. It's motivating!
    Just FYI, bookoutlet.com has The Purple Cloud for $4.49 right now. They also have some great discounts. If you spend $100, you get $35 off. After I place my order, I'm going to go buy myself a new hole for my head because apparently, I need one of those too....
    beerbelly likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I got the free advance Kindle copy from Amazon Prime (which I just found out about! Once a month?), and chose Beneath a Scarlet Sky. It is good so far!
    Critical likes this.

Yes, I've taken advantage of that service. I get a notice in my email around the first week of the month. If it's FREE! I'm down.
    navybelle likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

You guys need to read The Lonely Hearts Hotel. It's fantastic. It's dark, twisted and tragic and also whimsical, romantic and hopeful. The best description I can come up with is that it's tragically beautiful. So good!!!
    beerbelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lrf86 View Post
    You guys need to read The Lonely Hearts Hotel. It's fantastic. It's dark, twisted and tragic and also whimsical, romantic and hopeful. The best description I can come up with is that it's tragically beautiful. So good!!!
    That looks great!!! I put it on my list!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I finished The Circle. I was left with the feeling of wanting to know more...how much did the metaphorical shark consume before its prey learned how to hide? It really was an unfinished ending and I don't see a sequel advertised. It is being made into a movie, but it is so exitential and layered, I don't even see how a screenplay could be written. We'll see.

In the spirit of the book - how many likes will I get?
    Critical, navybelle and Cornholio like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just now started it too. We'll have to compare reviews!
    Critical, What did you think of it? The Lesser Bohemians
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

Alas, I'm not even close to finishing it. I got sidetracked finishing Chevalier's At the Edge of the Orchard and Tig Notaro's memoir, I'm Just a Person. Plus, I have to finish John Berger's A Painter of Our Time for my book club. I'll be able to get back to Lisa See next week. I'm looking forward to it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What are you thinking of Tig's memoir?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread