+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 720 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283123173573 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

FORT Newbie
    Hi

I'm new here. Have been lurking around and just reading for a while, but the discussion on books got me interested enough to join.

Just thought I would add what I'm reading

Bare Bones - Kathy Reich (a lot like Paticia Cornwell)
    then on to Horent's Nest - Ken Follet

Just a few weeks ago read The Davinci Code and loved it - gave it to husband and nothing was accomplished that weekend. Actually went out and bought his other 3 books (Angels & Demons, Deception Point and Digital Fortress). All easy to read, hard to put down and keep your interest - Digital Fortress is the best. Over the course of 3 weeks hubby & I read all 4.

Love this discussion - always looking for recommendations on what to read.

Welsh Girl!
    Always nice to have more readers in here.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Jay
    Welsh Girl, you liked Digital Fortress? That was my least favorite. My favorite was Angels and Demons. I haven't read The DaVinci Code yet.

Has anyone read or heard anything about Bill Clinton's book? I'm thinking about picking it up.

Jay, I heard it was good but I am going to wait until it comes out in paperback!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Lucy, I just finished Anna Karenina and it wasn't bad. It wasn't the best book I've ever read but it was okay. I'm now reading a book called "The Wishing Jar". I got it at a Christian Book Store. I started it last night and it was very hard for me to say "Okay, it's midnight. I have to stop reading and go to bed." So far it's very good. I will pick it up again today before I go out.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

My husband asked me what Anna Karenina was about. So for those who also want to know, here's the book in a few short words: Infedelity, divorce, politics, socialites, death, birth, Russians and the Russians' problem with Christianity. That's about it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I'm reading "Eats, Shoots and Leaves." I was so excited about this book when I read about it in People magazine. It's all about how we, as a society, seem to have forgotten about correct punctuation and grammar. Dorky as it sounds, bad grammar and punctuation have always been a HUGE pet peeve of mine; so I'm just glad I'm not the only one! It's really a good book, but I suppose it's mostly tongue-in-cheek.

The title is explained on the back of the book; but in short, it shows how mispunctuating a phrase changes the meaning. Instead of showing the pandas on the cover "eating shoots and leaves," there have been unfortunate commas added, making the phrase take on a different meaning altogether. Instead, the cover shows a panda with a gun. Pretty funny!

Jay
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    Jay, I heard it was good but I am going to wait until it comes out in paperback!
    It could be at least a year before the paperback comes out. I'm not sure I can wait that long.

From time to time, Tarot conpanion by Tracy Porter

Ok, thanks to everyone who recommended "American Gods"! I just finished it, and I really liked it. In fact, I was compelled to read it all weekend. Now it's 3 p.m. on Sunday and I haven't cleaned the house or done the laundry as planned. um, what was I thanking you for?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread