+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 715 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

I'm reading Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner. Earlier this summer I read Running with Scissors (hilarious, but not for everyone) and The Essential 55 (a teacher-y kinda book).

I just started reading Speak in high school. It's awesome so far, but I doubt adults would like it that much. I really identified with it and I can't wait to finish it. I'm also attempting (and failing miserably) at reading the LOTR trilogy. I'm also reading-
    Jump the Shark! a book about when tv shows took a turn for the worse.
    and
    I Hated, Hated, Hated this Movie! a book of scathing movie reviews by Roger Ebert.
    If I ever finish LOTR I may try to tackle The Silmarillion.

i'm re-reading "be true to your school" by bob greene. it's a great story. he kept a journal for 1 year in 1964, when he was a junior in high school. and it is hysterical. a great, easy read if you are looking for something lighthearted.

the next book i'm planning on reading is "Mrs. Dalloway" by Virginia Woolf. ever since seeing the movie "the hours" i've been wanting to read it. then i'm thinking of reading a virginia woolf biography.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    I just started reading a shortened version of "Dead Poets Society" in Honors English. We are watching the movie, too. Pretty good...
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    freiss, I've read Good in Bed. Pretty interesting and engaging.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    freiss, I've read Good in Bed. Pretty interesting and engaging.
    I just finished it yesterday! It was great! I do hope they make a (well-done) movie...and they had better not cast a skinny girl as Cannie!

Just started Alice Sebold's Lucky as a follow-up.

I have "Good in Bed" but I haven't read it yet. I've heard many good reviews though.

I have read "Lucky", freiss. It's a very good book. I can't say I enjoyed it or it's wonderful because it's quite disturbing. But I found it to be a very interesting read.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie
    I have "Good in Bed" but I haven't read it yet. I've heard many good reviews though.

I have read "Lucky", freiss. It's a very good book. I can't say I enjoyed it or it's wonderful because it's quite disturbing. But I found it to be a very interesting read.
    The first twelve pages (which is as far as I've gotten, it's been a busy couple of days) are pretty disturbing, I'll give you that. I liked The Lovely Bones a lot, and I have no doubt this will be pretty compelling as well.

It's quite different from the Lovely Bones. What I found most disturbing is that it is autobiographical.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I'm almost done with Dreamcatcher, by Stephen King. I just bought "Hosts", by F. Paul Wilson. Never read anything by him, but it sounded interesting. It's the second in the "Repairman Jack" series, apparently, but they didn't have the first one, "All the Rage" in stock.

+ Reply to Thread