+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Recently I read a book by Carolyn Hart and she mentioned several myystery writers. I am trying to find some of them to read. Right now I'm reading an Alice Tilton book - Beginning with a Bash. So far, I'm enjoying it.

Just started Stephen King's latest, Doctor Sleep. Really enjoying it so far. Little Danny's all grown up and not doing so well...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Just started Stephen King's latest, Doctor Sleep. Really enjoying it so far. Little Danny's all grown up and not doing so well...
    What?! Is this a Shining sequel?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

I just finished Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple. What a delightful book! It's one that popped up repeatedly over the summer when I'd go to bookstores, see people reading at the pool, etc. finally I decided to pick it up and I'm so glad I did. It was funny and entertaining. But it also had a core of some worthwhile messages and examination of suburban life.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    What?! Is this a Shining sequel?
    Yep! Took him long enough.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I just finished Where'd You Go Bernadette by Maria Semple. What a delightful book! It's one that popped up repeatedly over the summer when I'd go to bookstores, see people reading at the pool, etc. finally I decided to pick it up and I'm so glad I did. It was funny and entertaining. But it also had a core of some worthwhile messages and examination of suburban life.
    I just started that one a few days ago. I've been so busy that I haven't gotten to far into it, but I'm enjoying it. Later this week I'm going to see the publishing rep who recommended it to me, so I wanted to be able to give him some feedback.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My library had "Where'd You Go Bernadette" on audio book. I listened to it on a long drive this summer and enjoyed it.
    Count your blessings!

I am reading Guilt by Jonathan Kellerman. Its the latest in a series of murder mysteries featuring psychologist Alex Deleware and Det. Milo Sturgis. I am really enjoying this one!
    Guilt (Alex Delaware, #28) by Jonathan Kellerman - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

I know one thing I will NOT be reading... Helen Fielding's Mad about the Boy. Grrr....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I know one thing I will NOT be reading... Helen Fielding's Mad about the Boy. Grrr....
    Oh boy, was I annoyed when I read the review!! Grrr, from me, too!

+ Reply to Thread