+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 718 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118168568 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    Texicana you must not be faint of heart!
    Well, yeah, I know guys who couldn't make it through all of American Psycho ...but my idea of entertaining reading material is books on true crime and shark attacks.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Just finished reading that graphic novel Road To Perdition. Now I didn't see the movie or anything (though I really want to now), but I thought the novel was really good. They did a great job of conveying the story through the pictures, and the story itself was compelling albeit a little bit predictable. It was interesting to read, too, that the author tried to weave in actual characters and events around the main fictitious story thread.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm so shallow, I'm reading The Onion's, "Where the F*** is Diane With My Fair Trade Coffee," and "Kennel Certificate Proves Who Puppy Daddy Is."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I'm reading some utter trash called Sex and the Single Vampire (weeeelll, I guess I'm enjoying it a very, very, tiny bit ), but I have to read something to fill up my time 'til I have something else to read...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hey AJay...the first packet of books I'm giving you has been mailed off to that great white tundra you call a home
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

*quickly pages ahead to smutty sex scenes in vampire book*
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I'm so shallow, I'm reading The Onion's, "Where the F*** is Diane With My Fair Trade Coffee," and "Kennel Certificate Proves Who Puppy Daddy Is."
    Hey, don't knock The Onion, it's brilliant.
    (but isn't that last one a mere one sentence? For shame, Candor. )
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Hey, don't knock The Onion, it's brilliant.
    (but isn't that last one a mere one sentence? For shame, Candor. )
    Oh, there's a whole story attached!

VALLEY MILLS, TXAn AKC certificate of pedigree proves conclusively that Duke, a 2-year-old Rottweiler from nearby Rock Springs, is the puppy daddy of Skipper, a Rottweiler born July 20, Cloverleaf Kennel sources reported Monday. "Duke can bark excuses all day and night, but this pedigree proves that Skipper his," said attorney Seth Freidman, who represents Ginger, Skipper's mama. "Duke should be responsible for Skipper's upbringing. I'm sick of hearing that it's a male dog's nature to seek out multiple breeding partners." A spokesperson for Duke said his client was lured by Ginger's promiscuity, insisting that "everyone know the bitch have litters by three different dogs before Duke."

Now on to Smoove B ...
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Writing for The Onion seems like a dream job to me. I wonder if you can make as much money doing that as I make currently writing boring old computer code? I wonder if it really matters, as long as you're happy.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Just got "Skinny Dip" by Carl Hiaason and "Cadillac Ranch" by Tim Dorsey, now to find the time to read them!!!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread