+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 714 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677117167567 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

That's a good one. Card is often quote worthy. He has habit of being profound.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

I recently finished The Notebook and The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks. What tear jerkers!

My reaction to The Notebook was very negative when I read it. I didn't really buy the "love story." It seemed like so much of a patent male fantasy. The characters just didn't ring true for me. I'm glad you liked it, though. For whatever that's worth.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    Naus! I haven't seen you around in a while. Must. Get. Free. Of. FLOM. Forum.
    Hey to you too, spegs. Yeah, I haven't been hanging out around FoRT as much, though occasionally I'll postin the Books or Gen. Discussion forums. I also lurk on the Canadian Idol forum - though I'm missing the show from here in the States. Damn you, post-suburban America, I will end you. :rolleyes

American Gods? The Notebook? All these newfangled works I haven't heard of. I'm a little oversaturated on literature this summer, though. Mabe something in the fall.

I'm about to tackle "The Rules of Attraction" by Bret Easton Ellis. The movie is fun, and I figure the book is much crazier, ala American Psycho, which I really enjoyed.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I finished "Sphere of Influence", after putting it off for a while. It was very good, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I also picked up "The Taking", Dean Koontz's most recent book. Not so great. I was a little disappointed in it.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Right now, I'm reading 'To Kill A Mockingbird' again. I absolutely love the book - Harper Lee's a great writer.

Ok...after reading my school yearbook for what seems to be the 30th time, and learning all about the graduating 12th graders I barely knew, I have finally started to read The Bad Place by Dean Koontz.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    I'm about to tackle "The Rules of Attraction" by Bret Easton Ellis. The movie is fun, and I figure the book is much crazier, ala American Psycho, which I really enjoyed.
    Texicana you must not be faint of heart!
    Less Than Zero, which I think was his first book, scared the hell out of me. I had this lingering feeling for about six months - a real feeling of depression- brought on by the aura of the book. Of course I didn't learn my lesson so I HAD to read American Psycho. Disturbing. He is such a powerful, compelling writer, though. He reminds me of J.D. Salinger in a way.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I also picked up "The Taking", Dean Koontz's most recent book. Not so great. I was a little disappointed in it.
    I was disappointed in it, too! I really "get into" most of Koontz's books, and I bought this one for a trip to Austin. I read it all in 2 evenings and at the end I just read the last page, closed the book, said "huh" and went downstairs to the bar for a drink.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

+ Reply to Thread