+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I just started TheThird Bullet by Stephen Hunter. Its a thriller about Kennedy's death. Its got all ingredients--conspiracy, mystery and death--these stories bring to a book. I'm not sure about the hero. Apparently he has a series of books with his exploits. I can't get over the name--Bob Lee Swagger--it sounds so over the top!
    The Third Bullet (Bob Lee Swagger, #8) by Stephen Hunter - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

Finished two this week: I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, not at all like the movie but not bad. Also Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton, a mystery/romance. I rarely read romance novels, but this one was pretty good.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Gutmutter,

What are your thoughts on Gone Girl? Thumbs up or down?
    I see the library just contacted me today that it's in my queue.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm reading Blake Crouch's Desert Places trilogy. I just started book two. I don't like it as well as his other books but its not bad.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Just started William Landay's Defending Jacob on the recommendation of a friend. I'm only about 30 pages in, so I don't have a real feel for it yet. Has anyone here read it?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Gutmutter,

What are your thoughts on Gone Girl? Thumbs up or down?
    I see the library just contacted me today that it's in my queue.
    It's a really hard book to tell someone about because there are so many twists, you don't want to give anything away... especially the ending, which I think both Critical and I felt uneasy about. I would recommend it, and then I'd like to hear your take. Maybe with spoilers or PMs.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    It's a really hard book to tell someone about because there are so many twists, you don't want to give anything away... especially the ending, which I think both Critical and I felt uneasy about. I would recommend it, and then I'd like to hear your take. Maybe with spoilers or PMs.
    I read it because SO many people I know were raving about it. I have to say, I thought it was good, but not great. I didn't hate it, but I didn't go and recommend it to a bunch of people. I guess I wasn't as blown away by it as other people were.
    inthegarden likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked Gone Girl .I loved all the twists - the ending wasn't as good as I thought it would be.I will read her other books
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I read it because SO many people I know were raving about it. I have to say, I thought it was good, but not great. I didn't hate it, but I didn't go and recommend it to a bunch of people. I guess I wasn't as blown away by it as other people were.
    I would give Gone Girl the same recommendation.

I've just started reading Fear The Worst by Linwood Barclay. Its the kind of story I love in a book or a movie! So far its gooood!
    Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

+ Reply to Thread