+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I just finished Discovery of Witches. I'll definitely be reading the next in the trilogy (hope it's as good!).
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I'm almost halfway through Discovery of Witches and liking it so far.
    Wag more, bark less

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I just finished Discovery of Witches. I'll definitely be reading the next in the trilogy (hope it's as good!).
    I'm about 100 (of 600) pages into book 2 and it's pretty good, though there are a lot of new characters to keep track of. (If I weren't on a work trip until Saturday, I would probably be close to finished - but I'm trying to space my reading because I have a lot of travel time)

I'm reading The Raphael Affair by Iain Pears for my book club. It's the first in his Art History Mystery series. Light, fun and educational too, regarding a long-lost Raphael painting in a small church in Rome.

I'm still reading Across Many Mountains and Island of Vice, but I've been so busy with other things that I haven't had much time to read. I just received a copy of Jennifer Weiner's new book, The Next Big Thing and I really want to just stop everything and read it now! I'm going to use my willpower and wait until I have a quiet afternoon to read the whole thing in one sitting!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I have John Irving's In One Person waiting impatiently for my family's road trip that starts in a few days. Can't wait for more tales of Austria and bears and wrestling.
    Let us know what you thought of it. I'm a huge fan of some of his books.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I'm about 15% into A Discovery of Witches, which I think everyone here but me has read already. Really enjoying it!
    I haven't! But I certainly will now...

I bought the 2nd book in the Witches trilogy the day it came out and finally joined the party..I started reading it yesterday. So far, so good.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I bought the 2nd book in the Witches trilogy the day it came out and finally joined the party..I started reading it yesterday. So far, so good.
    I finished the second book on the plane ride back yesterday and really enjoyed it. Though I wasn't left with the "OMG, need the next book now" feeling.

I'm almost done with While You Were Dead by C.J. Snyder. I think I got it as a free book on Amazon, and I see why. I don't recommend it, but I'll stick it out and finish the thing, just because. I'm ready to read something else!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Let us know what you thought of it. I'm a huge fan of some of his books.
    I love it so far (very reminiscent of Garp, don't know if that was one of your favourites), but I had to interrupt it because after languishing forever on the library wait list for Stephen King's 11/22/63 my copy finally came in! Hoping to finish it in the next couple of days...I'm working nights and it can get slow. Then, not two days later, the library got its copy of Rhiannon Frater's Siege, so I'll have to get on that one next.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Seeing everyone reading it on here, I downloaded Discovery of Witches this weekend and started reading it. I'm about 100 pages in and enjoying it. Funny part is that I really had no idea what to expect - I was just going off of how many people here were reading it. When Matthew showed up and he was described, I just started laughing - because my husband says I am obsessed with "certain creatures" (sorry, can't remember how to post spoiler tags and don't want to put something wrong in here if anyone doesn't know) and I really had no idea these "creatures" were in this book!!

+ Reply to Thread