+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree216Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I'm listening to The Bone Setter's Daughter (Amy Tan) in the car and reading The Last Nude (Ellis Avery) on my Kindle (Thank you Critical!! I LOVE it!). I'm leaving for my mom's 80th gala in Ohio tomorrow, so for the 12 hour car rides I have several long audio books from the library including a King novel about an artist who is/may be insane... don't have the title at my fingertips and have never read King before. May be opening up a whole new can of worms.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I'm listening to The Bone Setter's Daughter (Amy Tan) in the car and reading The Last Nude (Ellis Avery) on my Kindle (Thank you Critical!! I LOVE it!). I'm leaving for my mom's 80th gala in Ohio tomorrow, so for the 12 hour car rides I have several long audio books from the library including a King novel about an artist who is/may be insane... don't have the title at my fingertips and have never read King before. May be opening up a whole new can of worms.
    You're welcome! I loved it too!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Queen's Pleasure by Brandy Purdy. So far its the story of Amy Robsart, the wife of The Earl of Leicester love of the life of Elizabeth I. This is the third Brandy Purdy book I have read and am liking so far. Her books are unlike anything I have ever read. Very detailed... she has a way of making the characters have such real emotions.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I finished Black Order by James Rollins on the way to work today. It was alright, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't just finished The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry. While I really like Rollins for his adventure style books, I find Maberry to be a better writer in general so I can't help but compare them when reading similar stories back to back. Unless it's a series I never like reading the same content back to back, even then I usually like to mix it up between books. They both kind of follow the continuation of the Nazi's eugenics/master race stuff after wwii when it all went underground. I really like the conspiracy aspect of these type of stories, it makes me a bit paranoid lol but still fun to read.

I picked up Double Dexter by Jeff Lindsay (it's the newest in the series) and autumn by David Moody today. It's going to be hard to decide which to start with! I LOVE the Dexter books, but the Hater series by Moody is one of my all time favorites so I'm really excited to start autumn ... iniminiminimo

I'm about 15% into A Discovery of Witches, which I think everyone here but me has read already. Really enjoying it!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Well, you're just in time for the sequel, which I think just came out!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

There's a sequel? Ack, I'm never going to catch up to the current stuff. I have a huge list of want-to-reads just from this thread that I'm behind on.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    There's a sequel? Ack, I'm never going to catch up to the current stuff. I have a huge list of want-to-reads just from this thread that I'm behind on.
    I know what you mean. I tell people I am book greedy. I can't just have one or two but must have a huge pile. Then I panic that I won't get it all read!

One of these days I'll have to post a picture of the obnoxious piles of books in my house. It will make you all feel better!
    waywyrd and libgirl2 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    One of these days I'll have to post a picture of the obnoxious piles of books in my house. It will make you all feel better!
    I get my book books from the library, now my bought books (many for free) I could show you a screen shot of my Kindle!

+ Reply to Thread