+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 709 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163563 ... LastLast
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Hey fellow Fort readers...you all got me reading again!! I used to be an avid reader...but the stuff in my life somehow made me put the piles of books on the "back burner"....this thread motivated me to pick them up again!

In the last week or so, I read Revenge of a Middle Aged Woman by Elizabeth Buchan (pretty good in an inspiring I-am-woman-hear-me-roar kind of way). Then I read The Lovely Bones (couldn't put it down..I liked it...but it was odd). Now I am reading Nickel and Dimed - it's facinating! On my reading to-read pile are In a Dark Place by Ray Garton (someone recommended it in the Haunted thread and I found it used at a reasonable price) and I ordered The Good Wife Strikes Back also by Elizabeth Buchan. I bet half.com is lovin' my business these day
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey
    I just finished Confessions of a Shopaholic. I adored it. I can't wait to read the next two. I just love light chick lit.

I read Can You Keep A Secret yesterday. It's by Sophie Kinsella, the same author that writes the Shopaholic series. I've never read those because my library doesn't carry them. Secret was really cute. I'll have to look at the used book stores for the Shopaholic books.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Let's see I'm reading The Blue Shoe by Anne Lammott, Opheliia Speaks, and I"m on day 20 of Change Your Life in 30 Days by Starting Over's Rhonda Britten.

My summer reading is Janice Dickinson's "I'm Fake and Everything About Me Is Perfect"... it's hilarious.

Insanity is contagious
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I love reading memoirs. I don't care much for celebrity biographies - if I wanted to read about Oprah, for instance, I could just pick up a People magazine. My favorites are written by people who overcome obstacles and make something of themselves, or have a story to tell. For example, one of my favorites is "Kaffir Boy" by Mark Mathabane, which is a coming of age story about a young african man in apartheid South Africa. I also enjoyed "Angela's Ashes", by Frank McCourt, about a boy growing up in Ireland who immigrated to America.
    You should also try The Color of Water: A Black Mans Tribute To his White Mother by James Mcbride, I thought it was very powerful. I just finished reading The Devil Wears Prada, obviously misguided by a good review i once read in the New York Times, that book was crap on a stick. I am about to read Fast Girls: Teenage Tribes and the myth of the slut by Emily White after rave reviews from a friend.
    ~Malishez Missez~

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me." Emo Philips

When did I find out i was god? When i was praying one night and realized i was talking to myself

Im feeling alot better now.. We've had a team meeting and all my personalities are now working as one!! ... seriously

Finished Pride and Predjudice, a most civil book for those of discernment. Pray, sister should I try Emma next or Sense and Sensibility? For you Jane Austen fans out there, have you checked out The House of Pemberley on the web. It's more fun than a militia of single officers showing up in your village. Lady Catherine doles out advice to such fictional characters as Neo and Scarlett O'Hara. Wishing all you gentle readers much felicity.

Kind sir, please provide a link to The House of Pemberley for the many admirers of Miss Austen.

Being as such that Emma is my favoured Austen heroine (next to the esteemed Miss Elizabeth) I highly recommend you check that one out next.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Almost done with the Wuornos book there, AJay??
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Kind sir, please provide a link to The House of Pemberley for the many admirers of Miss Austen.

Being as such that Emma is my favoured Austen heroine (next to the esteemed Miss Elizabeth) I highly recommend you check that one out next.
    You have my humble gratitude, Miss Jane. Now I must be off to sew my Lady Catherine gown in preparation for the Hallowe'en Ball. Unlike you un-married ladies who have much time on your hands to write letters.

http://www.pemberley.com/

+ Reply to Thread