+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 718 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162562 ... LastLast
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Thanks for mentioning that Dinahann, I forgot she wrote them under a pseudonym. *smacks forehead*
    I think it's A. N. Roquelare

I used to love Anne Rice, but all her books other than The 1st four Vampire Chronicles and The Witches of Mayfair series have not lived up to my expectations. She's Come Undone, is very funny....there is a scene in a pool with her shrink.....you'll get to it.
    Last edited by Lotuslander; 07-07-2004 at 09:40 PM.

I'm still on The Rule of Four. It's very interesting, just requires all my attention focused on it while reading. You know how sometimes you can skim and get the gist of the book? Not with this one. it is very good, however,I have house guests so it's hard to sneak enough time to get into it.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Isabel Allende's The House of the Spirits. I've been meaning to read this for a long time.
    Ludicrous speed!

Great book, Char. I love Isabel Allende, and that's the first I ever read by her.

Okay, everybody, now don't make fun of me; I'm reading a book about the Kabbalah.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Great book, Char. I love Isabel Allende, and that's the first I ever read by her.

Okay, everybody, now don't make fun of me; I'm reading a book about the Kabbalah.
    Thinking of changing your name to Esther?
    Seriously, after you read it give us a synopsis; I don't really understand what it's about.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I just finished "The Road To Ruin" by Donald E. Westlake and, I have to admit, I was disappointed. NOT one of his better books - it started out well, but the ending just kinda drooped and stopped. Maybe he's loosing his touch, I think Westlake's getting up there in age.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I'm currently reading "Arranged Marriage" which is a compilation of short stories by an Indian/American author calledChitra Banerjee Divakaruni.I give it 2 thumbs up!

The latest book I read was called The Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs. Anyone ever heard about it?

It is a book about cleansing the body of natural toxins using a natural lemonade,maple syrup,and cayenne pepper concoction. I swear I'm not making this up! It claims in the book that you are able to sip this 'lemonade' and clean your body from the inside. They recommend no solid food with the fast and some people have gone as long as 40 days drinking only this mixture.
    I originally heard about this cleansing system from devoted users David Blaine and Robin Quivers (The Howard Stern show). Robin lost 60 pounds using this cleanse,so I guess it works. I just can't imagine fasting for 40 days and drinking that godawful mixture.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

That actually doesn't sound that bad to me although 40 days would be a looooong time to go without M&Ms.

I'm reading Lethal Intent, by Sue Russell. It's a biography of Aileen Wuornos, quite different from the movie Monster. (I'm still blown away by how much Charlize Theron looked like Wuornos in the movie, more so now that I've seen more photos.) It jumps around a bit chronologically which is annoying, but it's very detailed factually and isn't as biased as a review I read beforehand would have led me to believe.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie

what i'm reading...

I'm reading Time After Time by Sue Haasler. So far so good. I'm a big fan of the romance/contemporary type books, so if anyone out there wants to chat about these kinds of books, IM Me or something. It'd be great to find some people out there that like these kinds of books...
    I've read....
    Good in Bed
    In Her Shoes both by Jennifer Weiner...
    Most of the Red Dress Inc Books
    And books along those lines..
    I have to read soon..
    Simply Devine by Wendy Holden
    My Legendary Girlfriend by Mike Gayle
    Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise
    And I'm a huge fan of Jane Green etc
    So let me know if anyone wants to talk about any of these
    Maria