+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I have just started 77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz. So far its just what I like in his books---suspense, good characters and scariness.
    77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz - Reviews, Discussion, Bookclubs, Lists

I just finished Ready Player One by Ernest Cline and I loved it. I'm not a big futuristic/gamer reader by any means, but this one was done in such a way that it made complete sense and the fact that the game that is played is based on 80s movies, music, video games and tv shows really made it a fun read.
    Wag more, bark less

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm in the middle of As the World Dies, Untold Tales Vol. 1 by Rhiannon Frater. She has a fantastic zombie trilogy and this book is a collection of stories of background characters in her books and their experiences with the dead. Fantastic books in all.
    My library obviously has the worst horror section in the world. I can only read so much Bentley Little. I will also check this one out.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    My library obviously has the worst horror section in the world. I can only read so much Bentley Little. I will also check this one out.
    I work at a library and a few years ago was given the horror fiction area for book purchasing. Being as I read tons of horror, I have turned our collection into a winner, if I may say so myself.

I have read Bentley Little, he is pretty good. My favorite horror author is Brian Keene....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Has anyone read Divergent by Veronica Roth? I just started it and think it is pretty good so far. I wish I could just stay home and read it!

Kiz

I just started the The Wolf Gift by Anne Rice last night. I'm only a little over 10% into it, but the writing has grabbed me from the first page. I haven't read her in years, but after getting back into Stephen King with The Dome and 11/22/63, I thought I'd give another old favorite who had fallen off my like list a chance. I'm glad I did, and I think I'm really going to enjoy the ride.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I work at a library and a few years ago was given the horror fiction area for book purchasing. Being as I read tons of horror, I have turned our collection into a winner, if I may say so myself.

I have read Bentley Little, he is pretty good. My favorite horror author is Brian Keene....
    I think you have my dream job. I haven't read much Keene, just A Gathering of Crows , which was pretty good. I'll have to go see if my library has any more of his work while I wait on my zombie books.

Our horror section is 3 1/2 shelves in the paperback section. If I want more I have to reserve from one of the larger branches.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm now reading Bel Canto by Ann Patchett. This one is also a little slow going for me. Wish I could find something to hold my attention.
    I hope you stick with it. It's one of my favorite books.
    Count your blessings!

I think you have my dream job. I haven't read much Keene, just A Gathering of Crows , which was pretty good. I'll have to go see if my library has any more of his work while I wait on my zombie books.

Our horror section is 3 1/2 shelves in the paperback section. If I want more I have to reserve from one of the larger branches.
    Gathering of Crows was our Horror book clubs pick this month (I lead it).... it went over VERY well. It is my favorite of his.

A lot of horror previously easy to order is hard to get due to the whole Dorchester mess.... if you google it you can see just what is going on. Brian keeps the saga up to date on his blog.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I've checked for those Mira Grant books at my book store a couple times and they're always sold out, maybe i should just order them online since they're pretty slow to restock. I've been craving a good zombie book lately, the newest Jonathan Mayberry book was in time before last but I got something else instead and then it was sold out next time I went. I should know better by now that always seems to happen to me! I just finished Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk, it was definitely different than anything I'm used to but I liked it. I'm going to watch for more by him for sure! I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo right now and I'm really enjoying it, so glad I was warned to get past the first 50 pages before I made any decisions about it...it was slow going off the start for sure.

+ Reply to Thread