+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 699 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161561 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    Well. I finished Good In Bed. I highly recommend it. Today, I am starting a book called She's Come Undone by Wally Leary. Has anybody read this? Is it any good?
    Erin, I read it a long time ago, so long ago that I don't really remember anything about the book except that it's very long. (that doesn't help, I know)
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

I read "She's Come Undone" a while ago too, but I do remember I enjoyed it. Maybe not the best book I've ever read, but enjoyable nonetheless.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Loved "Nickel and Dimed"!
    Now reading "Amazonia," by James Marcus, who was one of Amazon.com's early employees. He's such an engaging writer, kind of like Sedaris but softer.
    Also if any of you are students of management I highly recommend "The Feiner Points of Leadership," by Michael Feiner. I'm had him as a professor a few years ago and his was by far the best class I took in biz school. He hadn't yet written a book, but when I became a manager I'd refer to my notes and lesson books from that class.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Fade to black
    I'm currently reading A Prayer for Owen Meany - it started out really slow, but I'm starting to enjoy it now.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    I'm enjoying Road To Ruin by Donald Westlake (one of my all time favorite authors).
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I love summer readin'...This weekend, I read two extremely different books.

One was Ryu Murakami's In the Miso Soup. I enjoyed his edgy, punky opus Coin Locker Babies so I thought I'd give this a try. It was actually a bit different than I anticipated (it's much slighter), but still good--an extremely dark, but morbidly humorous tale about a Japanese tour guide who makes his living ushering Americans through Tokyo's gritty sex trade district, a job he's never really minded until he meets Frank, a mysterious stranger whom our narrator suspects of being the serial murderer who has recently taken the city by storm. Violently dissects the clash of modern Japan and America through wry cross-cultural observations and fascinating sociological insight; not, however, for the faint of heart. Think: Lost in Translation meets American Psycho.

Well, I finished In the Miso Soup too fast, and since I was visiting my mom's house, I picked up a chick lit paperback: Marian Keyes' Angels. It was amusing, I found myself really rooting for the great characters she develops, and Keyes's style is appealingly like having a great chat with a good girlfriend over tea or perhaps "complicated martinis." My only criticism is that, perhaps being a Los Angeleno, I found her observations on LaLaLand to be fairly cliched. Still, it was fun, and my God, I finished that one in less than a day also!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I started One Door Away from Heaven.

I'm reading Pride and Prejudice, since I loved the mini-series. I'm confused as to what 'felicity' means. Happiness at home? I'm loving it so far.

Oh, Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite books. I hope you enjoy it.
    "Felicity" means happiness.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Thanks Lucy, the word pops up all the time, I keep getting visions of that red haired teenage girl show.

+ Reply to Thread