+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Hey Gutmutter . . .

I just finished the whole "Dragon Tattoo" trilogy. Thanks for encouraging me to not quit after the first book. Too bad there won't be another book . . . I'd love to find out what happened to Camilla Salander.
    I'm glad you stuck with it and enjoyed it. I've read them all twice, and watched the Swedish versions of the movies on Netflix.
    Count your blessings!

I just finished reading World War Z which was an "oral history" of the zombie outbreak that almost eradicated living human beings. I thoroughly enjoyed reading how Max Brooks envisioned the governments could fail to prevent a mass outbreak and then regroup and reform.
    cablejockey, libgirl2 and M_shelll like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I enjoyed that as well. I really like post apocalypse type novels (meaning that in general, non-Biblical, terms).

I'm trying to read Les MisÚrables. I don't know if it's because I'm reading the English translation or if it's just because this book follows the Games of thrones series, but I just can't get into it. Good thing it was free on Kobo.

I am re-reading Strange Highways by Dean Koontz. Mostly for the first story in this collection, which has stayed with me since the last time I read it. The other stories I havent read before.
    Strange Highways by Dean Koontz - FictionDB

I seem to have so little time to read these days and that is so sad.
    Started Diane Keaton's autobiography.
    Am enjoying it so far.
    Can't wait to get to the parts about the men like Warren Beatty and Al Pacino......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Just started Jeffrey Eugenides' The Marriage Plot & so far am thoroughly enjoying it. Love that it's set in the early '80's...pleasantly nostalgic.

I finished The Fates Will Find Their Way - haunting & more than a little sad. I liked Pittard's style but I was very dissatisfied with the ending. Though I guess the lack of closure was kind of the point.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I finished Damned by Chuck Palahniuk yesterday and really really liked it so on my trip today I got Invisible Monsters by him. I looked for Mira Grant but they didn't have anything in right now, I'll keep checking tho. The other (it's gettting harder and harder to narrow it down to 2 or 3 at a time) book I got was Sandstorm by James Rollins, I've read a few of his books and always really enjoy them. They have a bit of an Indiana Jones feel to them, lots of adventure and usually some puzzles and stuff to figure out along the way. I'm currently reading Fear the Worst by Linwood Barclay, it was on the $5 table so not sure I expect too much from it, so far it's pretty good tho but I'm only about an hour into it. I'm always so excited on bookstore day lol can't wait for the train ride home today!

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom View Post
    I just finished reading World War Z which was an "oral history" of the zombie outbreak that almost eradicated living human beings. I thoroughly enjoyed reading how Max Brooks envisioned the governments could fail to prevent a mass outbreak and then regroup and reform.
    that is quite a good book. We read it for the horror book club I lead at the library I work at and it went over quite well. My husband owns both the book and the audio (which is abridged) of it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    that is quite a good book. We read it for the horror book club I lead at the library I work at and it went over quite well. My husband owns both the book and the audio (which is abridged) of it.

I cant find that in audio in our library. I will have to check again.I order a ton of them for my husband.Thank you

+ Reply to Thread