+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I just finished Explosive Eighteen, as well. I think she's growing weary of writing these books. She has two other series that are fairly new and I kind of feel as if those are the ones she wants to be focusing on. Sadly, I think the end is near and I thin she'll choose Morelli, even though my heart belongs to Ranger. Although...she can't go wrong with either of them...lol

I still enjoy the books but not nearly as much as I used to. She used to evoke belly laughs with her dialog and now it's just a few chuckles here and there.

I started The Leftovers and I keep stopping to read other things but I keep going back to it. It's not that it's a terrible book...it's just that absolutely nothing exciting happens (at least so far). It just follows the mostly mundane lives of those left behind in the Rapture. I feel like there is a twist of some sort coming ...but so far...nada. I'm not giving up though. I will finish this book, dammit!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

JavaJo and Ms.Diva,

THanks.
    I didn't know she's up to Eighteen.
    I just got my reserved copy of Seventeen at the Library after waiting for it for months!!

I miss the laugh out loud chuckles I used to get from this series.
    I may hang it up after this book.....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I read up to about 11 in the Evanovich books, but then I got bored. Nothing ever changes and she never chooses between Joe and Ranger. Same thing with Sue Grafton's ABC series. It's inevitable, I think, with those LONG series of books in that genre that they all start to blend together and get stale. Since Grafton is on "V" now, at least she'll reach an end point soon!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

steph has been bed hopping between them both in the last couple of books. Just needs to pick ranger and enjoy the view,lol
    JavaJo likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Let's be honest....if you had Joe and Ranger...could sleep with both of them without the other getting 'too' terribly upset, at least not upset enough to kick your ass to the curb....wouldn't you drag that out as long as possible? Because I sure as hell would!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.

CCL

No, I'd have never succumbed to Ranger. Flirt, fine. But that's it. Morelli all the way (except not the movie Morelli).
    I agree with Critical's assessment of the series. I don't know why I keep reading. Probably because of familiarity issues.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've seen the trailer and the movie looks awful, lets not even get started on who they cast as Morelle and Ranger. I don't know if I will even go watch the matinee. I just can't see paying almost $12.00 ($8.00 for the matinee) to watch this train wreck.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just finished A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. I started reading the first book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series shortly after Game of Thrones ended on HBO. I think that is all I have read since I started! I cannot believe it took me this long to get through them!! I definitely slowed my reading pace even more during the last one because I didn't want it to be over. I thoroughly enjoyed every one and I am sad that I (and everyone else) will likely have a long wait for the sixth book.

I think I'm going to jump into the Hunger Games trilogy next.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I just finished A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin. I started reading the first book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series shortly after Game of Thrones ended on HBO. I think that is all I have read since I started! I cannot believe it took me this long to get through them!! I definitely slowed my reading pace even more during the last one because I didn't want it to be over. I thoroughly enjoyed every one and I am sad that I (and everyone else) will likely have a long wait for the sixth book.
    I'm on my second time reading ADWD right now - I'm about halfway through. I started the series again a few months ago (October? September?) and have only paused to read a few books for my bookclub. ITA - you don't want them to end! It's going to be a long wait for The Winds of Winter!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I finally finished The Leftovers. Very anticlimatic and nothing ever really happened. The ending was absolutely horrible. It feels like he got tired of writing and just ended it a chapter or two too soon. Bleh.

+ Reply to Thread