+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

You guys always read these sophisticated books and I read fluff and trash.. I just finished the new Stephanie Plum book and liked it well enough. They usually come out the 3rd week of June but book 18 is slated for November of this year. Weird.

I'm getting ready to start a new book...just debating on whether to read Fallen by karin Slaughter, Hardly Knew Her by Laura Lippman or Watch Me by Lauren Barnholdt. Can't decide. Although with Big Brother in full swing, Watch Me is tempting because it's a book loosely based on the show. Well, sort of a cross between BB and Real World. Hmm...decisions decisions....lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    You guys always read these sophisticated books and I read fluff and trash.. I just finished the new Stephanie Plum book and liked it well enough. They usually come out the 3rd week of June but book 18 is slated for November of this year. Weird.
    Oh, I read that book last week! It was pretty good. I loved how they sold just about everything in the office :-)

I just started rereading JD Robb's "In Death" series. Her next in the series also comes out in November.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Proudly read what you love, and revel in it!!!! It's about the joy of reading....period!! I feel sorry for people who don't read at all. I think they are missing out on one of life's greatest joys!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

I'm getting ready to start a new book...just debating on whether to read Fallen by karin Slaughter, Hardly Knew Her by Laura Lippman or Watch Me by Lauren Barnholdt. Can't decide. Although with Big Brother in full swing, Watch Me is tempting because it's a book loosely based on the show. Well, sort of a cross between BB and Real World. Hmm...decisions decisions....lol
    You are not alone. I read my share of fluff and trash...(most of us do, we just don't list those )
    Sometimes it just helps to unwind by reading a book for nothing more than entertainment.
    I'm reading a series of books by Kaki Warner Pieces of Sky, Chasing the Sun and Open Country.
    Ashley Warlick The Summer after June.

JavaJo,

You are not alone.
    I was an English major and I love to read a lot of mysteries, chick lit, etc.
    It really provides an escape for me and a way to appreciate the more literary writers that I also love. All things in moderation....
    Like Shay though, I think it's just great to read whatever you fancy.
    I've known far too many people who never read books and I think of all they are missing!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I've had my nose in a book for as long as I can remember. In elementary, I always won the reading contests they had at school...I always read the most. Once in a great while, I'll read a more sophisticated novel, but really, I just like to be entertained. I have a folder on my Kindle where I place all the books I've finished reading. I'm up to 48 plus the 6 I've borrowed. I got it for Christmas...lol. I would read more, but they frown upon that at work.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I remember in middle school, my sister (a year older) would bring home these trashy (sexy) novels and pass them on to me. I have no idea where she was getting them. The one title I remember was Coffee, Tea, or Me? about airline stewardesses. So I started the fluff novels pretty young.
    nanaslbkp and JavaJo like this.
    Count your blessings!

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I remember in middle school, my sister (a year older) would bring home these trashy (sexy) novels and pass them on to me. I have no idea where she was getting them. The one title I remember was Coffee, Tea, or Me? about airline stewardesses. So I started the fluff novels pretty young.
    Gutmutter! Just recently I thought of that book. (had not entered my mind for many years) I read it when I was about 13 or so. I read the fluff novels too and enjoy that kind of 'light' reading. As to what I just read...Janet Evanovich's 'Smokin' Seventeen'...and it was excellent, as usual. 'Explosive Eighteen comes out in Nov. '11 and I look forward to it.

Fort Member

I like Crime and Mystery novels but every now and then i will pick up a chick lit to have a laugh as most of what I read is quite dark and you need to give your mind a reast sometimes. One I read recently was the Single Girls List can not remember who wrote it, but it had me laughing out loud (maybe it was helped by the Long Island Iced teas by the pool whilst I read it on a weekend away) I really enjoyed it.
    I am currently reading The Conspiracy Club by Jonathon Kellerman, I used to enjoy his Alex Delaware books and I think he should probably stick to them as I am not enjoying this that much but then I dont know that I have enjoyed his last two Alex books either but they were better than this IMO.

I went on amazon and ordered Coffee, Tea, or Me? to give to my sister for her birthday in Nov. I was surprised it was still available... that was a looooong time ago. $9 paperback. Has anyone seen previews for the new show this fall called "Pan Am"? Looks like a throw-back to this book. Also one about Playboy bunnies. What's up with that? Why these Neanderthal bimbo shows all of a sudden?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread