+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 698 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108158558 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I was at Hasting's yesterday and looked at it to buy. The price tag was $35. Guess I'm looking at the wrong store!

$35 is the list price, but most stores up here have it for 30 or 40% off. Do you have a Borders or Barnes and Noble near you?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    $35 is the list price, but most stores up here have it for 30 or 40% off. Do you have a Borders or Barnes and Noble near you?
    Nope.*sigh* I live in a small, culturally deprived area. I could drive to Dallas I guess - about 65 miles - but then I'd have to pay for gas. I usually buy most of my books via book clubs.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    It's well-written but VERY sad. I really enjoyed The Joy Luck Club and The Kitchen God's Wife because although there was tragedy there was also hope, but The Bonesetter's Daughter is a tougher read, not so uplifting as the others.
    Yeah, I'm at a sad part right now. And I bawled like baby for The Joy Luck Club (the movie, not the book)

Anne Rice - the vampire lestat

Any anne rice fans?

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Right now, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the second time. I haven't read it since the day it came out, when it arrived in the mail at my house...it took me five days to finish it, I felt so slow compared to others who had read it in a day...
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

Quote Originally Posted by JyNx

Any anne rice fans?
    Yes! but I've never been able to get into the vampire books, I'm strictly a Mayfair witches fan.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyj
    Right now, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix for the second time. I haven't read it since the day it came out, when it arrived in the mail at my house...it took me five days to finish it, I felt so slow compared to others who had read it in a day...
    People who had nothing else to do? I took a while to finish my Potter book too.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Any anne rice fans?
    Yes - I loved both Queen of the Damned and Blood and Gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    People who had nothing else to do? I took a while to finish my Potter book too.
    Are you kidding??? I did nothing but read that book for 9 hours straight after I got it!!! Needless to say, I finished in those 9 hours.

I finished reading Angels & Demons. Much better than The Da Vinci Code, storyline wise. Something about both books really annoys me, though. I can't seem to be able to place my finger on it.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Any anne rice fans?
    I've read all the books. For awhile I was waiting in breathless anticipation for each new one to come out. Then, I don't know... it seemed like they all kind of blended together. I think she's an enormously talented writer. My favorites were Queen of the Damned and Memnoch the Devil.
    I love you, you love me, we're a happy family...

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    From A Buick 8: A Novel - Stephen King

I'm only on like page 10 but I love the King, so I had to pick it up at the library.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

+ Reply to Thread