+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 715 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157557 ... LastLast
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

if it's long and will last most of an 8-hour flight and a 10-day vacation
    It weighs in at about 1000 pages, so you should be good.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    if you like the stephen king short story collections try some by Harlen Ellison. he is great too.

Reading Raising Atlantis by Clive cussler, a book I found at work. then i may have to go to the used book sotre to find more by him, he is pretty good, holds my interest well.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I'm reading Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Akzaban. I thought I sinked my teeth on the Potter series after all.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

This week I have read A Glimpse of Hell by Jim Brooks, my hubby's great uncle. It's a WWII memoir, pretty good. I also reread The Gunslinger, Dark Tower I new edition that came out not long ago. It had been too long since I read it the first time, and I didn't spot anything new.
    Now I've started on Joan Hess' new book in the Maggody/Arly Hanks series, Muletrain to Maggody. Her books are a very light read, but entertaining. I also have The Rule of Four, which I'll be starting this weekend, and the new Janet Evanovich that I've ordered should be arriving in the mail shortly, so I'll get to that next week. As you can tell, reading is pretty much my only hobby besides the FoRT.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I'm finishing up my cheesy series, The Bachelor, The Playboy, and The Heartbreaker by Carly Phillips.

Fun beach reads in between serious novels. Next up.. Bill Clinton's My Life.

Hi everyone!

I started "The Bonesetter's Daughter" by Amy Tan. It's pretty good.

When I'm done, I'm going to start "The Notebook" because I read some of the posts on here and judging by the way everyone is talking about it, it sounds really good.

I want to read Clinton's new book, but I'll definitely be putting my name on the list for it at the Library. I don't want to pay $35 for a book I'll only read once!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann
    I want to read Clinton's new book, but I'll definitely be putting my name on the list for it at the Library. I don't want to pay $35 for a book I'll only read once!

it's $21 most everywhere... and I think $18 at Walmart. Does that help any???

I was at Hasting's yesterday and looked at it to buy. The price tag was $35. Guess I'm looking at the wrong store!

Quote Originally Posted by babs1003
    I started "The Bonesetter's Daughter" by Amy Tan. It's pretty good.
    It's well-written but VERY sad. I really enjoyed The Joy Luck Club and The Kitchen God's Wife because although there was tragedy there was also hope, but The Bonesetter's Daughter is a tougher read, not so uplifting as the others.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread