+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I love crime/psychological/thriller type novels (for my "leisure" reading )

Jonathan Kellerman's Alex Delaware series has been one of my favorites, also Lee Child's Jack Reacher series. Dean Koontz has filled my library (most are good, a couple of duds among a long list).

I've read now all of the Kellerman, Child, and Koontz novels. Does anyone recommend an author of a similar calibre?
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

If you haven't read Michael Connelly, I'd recommend him, along with all the early Dennis Lehane.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    If you haven't read Michael Connelly, I'd recommend him, along with all the early Dennis Lehane.
    I've seen that name when searching for John Connelly - the Strawman Trilogy. That was good, too.

Thanks, I'll give Michael Connelly a try.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Stacy Schiff's Cleopatra-A Life. I picked it up on the week-long shelf at the library but there's no way I could get through it in that short a time, so I think I'll just return it and buy my own copy. I really want to finish it as I'm finding it absolutely fascinating. Beautifully written and painstakingly researched. I also want to pass it on to my older daughter, who shares my interest in ancient Egypt.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Has anyone read The Informationists by Taylor Stevens?
    It is a new book, 1 in a series of 3, that is being compared to the books by Stieg Larsson.
    I am on a very long waiting list at the Library and wanted to know if it will be worth the wait. Thanks.
    I just read The Brave by Nicholas Evans.

Just finished Nalini Singh's Archangel's Consort. Nalini Singh writes urban fantasy/paranormal romance. She had two series she writes about, the Psy/Chanelings and the Guild Hunters. In both series you are in an alternate earth, a few years ahead of where we are now. Both series deal with an earth that shares its space with two other intelligent species. Archangel's Consort is the third in the Guild Hunter series. In this world Angel's exist and basically run the world. These are not your fluffy winged angels but immortal beings with great power. Vampires are made by angels to be their long lived servants. Guild Hunters are human beings usually with enhanced abilities that track down vampires who think once they are made they can escape from their contracts with the angels. I think what this author does best is answer the question what happens to the heroine once she has gotten the damaged alpha male of her dreams and they are a couple. How does she evolve to be his match, how does she cope with his world without losing herself.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Just finished One of our Thursdays is Missing, the latest Thursday Next book by Jasper Fforde. The real Thursday is missing an it is up to her written counterpart to find out what happened and if her disappearance has anything to do with the impending war in the Racy Novel district. The usual amusing Nextian shenanigans.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Has anyone read Christopher Paolini's books - specifically Eragon, Eldest and Brisingr? I know they are for younger readers but they sound interesting. There is an article on USA Today promoting the 4th book coming out in November.

&amp;quot;SPYING&amp;quot; ButterflyFaery's Avatar

well I just got my hands on Heatwave by Richard Castel...lets see if it is as good as the show
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I'm reading So Much Pretty by Cara Hoffman. It's starting out very slow and I can't decide if I like it or not. I keep wanting to just chuck it and start something new but then I'll read an interesting bit and think...oh here..it's getting better. It's not that it's terrible...it just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. So far it's a lot of droning.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread