+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 717 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154554 ... LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    It's a biography called "Secrets of the Flesh, A life of Colette" by Judith Thurman. Anyone out there happen to have read it?
    You know I haven't read that particular bio, but if it's about the French writer Colette, then she is a literary figure with a very juicy life who has always fascinated me. I would think it would be a good read, I myself might check that out sometime.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    You know I haven't read that particular bio, but if it's about the French writer Colette, then she is a literary figure with a very juicy life who has always fascinated me. I would think it would be a good read, I myself might check that out sometime.
    Yes, it is that Colette and yes, her life was very juicy, including a lesbian affair with Napolean's niece, several marriages and other seductions on her part. I usually read a lot of biographies on figures such as Henry VIII, Eleanor of Aquitaine, etc. I must admit, this is a lot more exciting.

So far I have only read a bit. I am trying to save it for my trip next week. I will let you know what I think of the entire book.

I just bought Kyle Mills' newest Mark Beamon book, "Sphere of Influence".

Do you like John Sandford's rendition of Lucas Davenport in his Prey series? Then you'll probably love Mills' books. Beamon is the FBI version of Davenport.

This is the 5th book in the Beamon series, and I've got them all.

Quote Originally Posted by chirospasm
    I'm currently enjoying Diana Gabaldon's Drums of Autumn. I'm a sucker for romantic historical fiction. Go figure
    Chiro, long time no see!

I love Diana Gabaldon's books. I chanced upon the first one years ago and it's been agony ever since waiting for the latest installment. I think I kind of like the first one best, though.

I love historical fiction - okay, the romantic type. I consider it research, you know, so I can write my own some day. It could happen!

I've been reading a lot of Georgette Heyer lately. She's like reading Jane Austen but with livelier plotting.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I just bought Kyle Mills' newest Mark Beamon book, "Sphere of Influence".

Do you like John Sandford's rendition of Lucas Davenport in his Prey series? Then you'll probably love Mills' books. Beamon is the FBI version of Davenport.

This is the 5th book in the Beamon series, and I've got them all.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH I love Kyle Mills - I "read" his books - includintg sphere of influence on unabridged audio from the library.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Right now I have to read "Where the Red Fern Grows" for summer reading.

Where the Red Fern Grows is one of my favorites. Very sad. I haven't read it in a couple years. I may have to go dig up my copy now.

I just finished reading Danielle Steel's The Dating Game. Good book, good for light reading.

FORT Fogey
    I'm currently reading "Black" by Ted Dekker... it's a great story... but I don't get it yet There's two plots involved with the same guy, but the reader can't figure out which scenario is the main character's dream, and what is reality. It's an excellent novel as far as I am in it... I just don't get it yet.

I'm reading the latest from Tom Perrotta (Election, Joe College), Little Children. Very interesting so far, in that it skewers 30-something parents who live in suburbia.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Ouch, Texie we're not all bad, ya know

I am finally reading American Gods, and loving it so far when i started it, I was a little worried it was sounding too much like Clive Barker's Damnation Game (my least favourite Barker book) but it's taken some very original turns.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread