+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 717 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153553 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    I am currently reading Revenge of the Middle Aged Woman. I saw the title and had to pick it up (which says a little about where my life is at the point) and then my daughter was in the grocery store while I was watching the kiddies in the car and she saw it...brought it out (which would make it my second copy) and said "Mom, I read the title and description and just had to get it for you" It's written my an Brittish writer so some of the lingo is kind of different, but I like that kind of thing.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

I finished The Best Awful, about a Hollywood socialite (daughter of two famous actors) that is bi polar and has a psychotic breakdown, with humor added. Carrie Fisher... all her books seem vaguely autobiographical. It was good, if somewhat disjointed.

I'm on The Dark Tower VI; Song of Susannah now. It's great. Very engrossing and more readable than I would've thought, however, it hasn't been that long since I read Wolves of the Calla so I remember most of the minor characters. ( I sometimes forget some of them if it's been a long time between installments). I can't wait to see how this one ends. There's a mind-blowing plot twist to it; very surreal. And the final book in the series Dark Tower VII, The Dark Tower, is coming out in October, I think, so I won't have long to wait for the conclusion.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I just started The Rule of Four. Intriguing in a Davinci code kind of way - involves an obscure manuscript and a group of guys at princeton so far. so far I'm liking it - and hoping it's better written than Dan Brown's rather wooden writing.

Quote Originally Posted by sleuth
    I just started The Rule of Four. Intriguing in a Davinci code kind of way - involves an obscure manuscript and a group of guys at princeton so far. so far I'm liking it - and hoping it's better written than Dan Brown's rather wooden writing.
    I ordered this book from Mystery Guild, the book club I'm in. I've read some really good reviews. They all start off with.."If you liked The DaVinci Code, You'll love The Rule of Four...".

I enjoyed TDVC, but I've been reading some negative things about Dan Brown in The DaVinci Code thread. It kind of takes some of the fun out of it to think that Mr. Brown plagiarized the book... I'm looking forward to reading The Rule of Four.

Quote Originally Posted by sleuth

I read an article about that book, and nearly posted about it. I need to pick it up too -- let me know if you like it.
    And don't anyone spoil Song of Susannah for me! I'm getting on the library's waiting list for it as soon as I finish this post.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I read an article about that book, and nearly posted about it. I need to pick it up too -- let me know if you like it.
    And don't anyone spoil Song of Susannah for me! I'm getting on the library's waiting list for it as soon as I finish this post.
    I won't spoil it for you. I hope you like it.. I can't wait for someone to finish it so we can discuss it!

Jay
    I just finished "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown. My next book is "Deception Point" also by Brown.

I went to the bookstore to find something to read on my upcoming trip to Hawaii. While chasing my daughter through the aisles, she managed to grab onto a book and kept running. Once I caught up with her, the book looked really interesting. It's a biography called "Secrets of the Flesh, A life of Colette" by Judith Thurman. Anyone out there happen to have read it?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    I am currently reading Revenge of the Middle Aged Woman. I saw the title and had to pick it up (which says a little about where my life is at the point) and then my daughter was in the grocery store while I was watching the kiddies in the car and she saw it...brought it out (which would make it my second copy) and said "Mom, I read the title and description and just had to get it for you" It's written my an Brittish writer so some of the lingo is kind of different, but I like that kind of thing.
    It's a really good book, KaiCee - but definitely a British point of view. I enjoyed it, let me know what you think.

I just finished The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis (I was down with the flu and couldn't handle anything tougher!) Cute!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I'm currently enjoying Diana Gabaldon's Drums of Autumn. I'm a sucker for romantic historical fiction. Go figure
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

+ Reply to Thread