+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 714 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152552 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

I finally finished I Know This Much Is True. I truly hated it. Snowy, WTF was up with all the dead kids and monkeys?!?! *shudder* If anyone wants this book, let me know and I'll mail it to you - and I don't give my books away too easily, let me tell you.

I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of American Gods, but in the meantime I've dug up a copy of Robertson Davies' Fifth Business someone left at my office. It's been ages since I read the Deptford Trilogies, I barely remember them, but I do remember loving them.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just bought "The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America" by Erik Larson this afternoon. It's a true story of a serial killer who used the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago to lure his victims. Sounds very different and interesting, and I'm all for true stories, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    I just bought "The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America" by Erik Larson this afternoon. It's a true story of a serial killer who used the 1893 World's Fair in Chicago to lure his victims. Sounds very different and interesting, and I'm all for true stories, so I thought I'd give it a shot.
    This sounds like a good read. Could you keep me posted on how you like the book. Possibly put your thoughts in the True Cime thread. Enjoy our book!

So much for the Classics. I just picked up the new Carrie Fisher book, The Best Awful, from the library and can't wait to start on it. She has a wicked sense of humor. Did anyone read Postcards from the Edge? It was made into a movie, and for once a book seemed to translate pretty well into film. Hilarious, IMO.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

finished Janet Evanovich's One for the Money and starting Two for the Dough.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    finished Janet Evanovich's One for the Money and starting Two for the Dough.
    Those are so fun! I'm waiting for the new one to come out... It would have to be something with a 10 in it. 10 Spot, maybe?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    i am in the middle of dead witch walking by kim harrison. it's really good so far. and then i plan on reading the stepford wives (yes, cause it's going to be a movie ) that's how i usually get into a book, i see a trailer and then i go and buy the book or head to the library. but i end up liking the book better!!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Currently reading a 35 page handbook for Starbucks (who knew you had to know so much). Bassically talking about coffee (duh) the drinks, the prices, the rules yada yada yada :rolleyes probably the longest thing I've read in a while, as you can see, I don't read much (except online)

all of the vampire chronicles by anne rice

Waiting with great anticipation for the release of the newest Janet Evanovich book later this month. I must finish all the other books I am reading in preparation for that book. I will spend the entire day reading that book. I will put on the Piglet movie and let my daughter eat Wendy's and watch Dora the explorer and I will sit on the couch. That night I will stay up until I finish it. She is the BEST!
    Is probably over in the transcribing thread for Big Brother til death do us part.

"I don't trust that girl with a ten foot pole." - Annie
    Whhhhaaaaat? LMAO

+ Reply to Thread