+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3812968;
    I'm reading Deeper Than The Dead by Tami Hoag, aside from the fact that she says what she feels (sometimes politically incorrect which stuns my brain), she has a very engrossing page turner. I am half way through it, and enjoying it. (Although the grossness of the crimes described does have me skipping details occasionally.)
    Yeah I recently read Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag and I was completely grossed out in some parts. Great book though.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3813394;
    Yeah I recently read Prior Bad Acts by Tami Hoag and I was completely grossed out in some parts. Great book though.
    It made me wonder what is going on in her head, that she can write like that?
    Just as I thought everything was resolved toward the final chapter, she throws out a curve on the last page - leading the reader (IMO) less then fulfilled.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    What in the world will become of little Tommy now......... ? One can only wonder. He is left with a crazy mother!????

While it was engaging to read, it left me not feeling that the book was worth my attention in the end.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Stated reading The Lightening Thief. I saw the preview when I was at the movies and decided to read it. I like mythology and I like how this book gives it a modern twist. I'll give it to my 10 year old when I am done he should like it.

I finished Wench and am starting South of Broad by Pat Conroy.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Regular

Just finished La's Orchestra Saves the World by Alexander McCall Smith. It's his usual great writing but with a different tone. No chuckles like No. 1. Ladies Detective Agency. But overall I liked it (although I'm getting burned out on books set around WWII).

Quote Originally Posted by CantinaBandFan;3813717;
    Stated reading The Lightening Thief. I saw the preview when I was at the movies and decided to read it. I like mythology and I like how this book gives it a modern twist. I'll give it to my 10 year old when I am done he should like it.
    I bought the first four books as a set. DH will read them to the girls (we alternate reading nights with them. Right now I'm on Harry Potter #5 and he's reading Because of Winn Dixie. He's due to read HP #6 after I'm done this one, but I'm thinking now he can start the PJ series and I'll finish off HP.

We've been doing this since they were just toddlers, and they are now 9. I'm happy to say it's worked sooo well, they are both intensely interested in books, and love to read.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3815061;

We've been doing this since they were just toddlers, and they are now 9. I'm happy to say it's worked sooo well, they are both intensely interested in books, and love to read.
    And you get to spend quality time with them they will never forget, they will want to read to their children and you get to read some great books that as an adult you might not read.
    I'm reading The First Rule by Robert Crais.

I am about halfway through The Pillars of the Earth (Ken Follett). I am enjoying it immensely. It is told from the points of view of four different characters and the way their lives are woven together is done masterfully! I find myself always wanting to know what is going to happen next!!

I just love this thread! I can't tell you how many books I've written down on my "must read" list just by coming here.

FORT Regular

Here's my other favorite source of books:

Be a Part of the Story | IndieBound

+ Reply to Thread