+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree246Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3710480;
    Glad to hear another good review. Thanks, BTrixie.
    Lula is one of my alltime favorites, too. That's kind of why I'm glad they haven't turned the series into a movie. Nothing can beat the visual one sees in their mind when reading about her escapades. It's priceless.
    I understand next year there will be a new series of books starring Diesel from the in between the Plum Books. Diesel is a Hottie like Ranger.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3710786;
    I understand next year there will be a new series of books starring Diesel from the in between the Plum Books. Diesel is a Hottie like Ranger.
    Is it mentioned on Evanovich's website?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3710480;
    Glad to hear another good review. Thanks, BTrixie.
    Lula is one of my alltime favorites, too. That's kind of why I'm glad they haven't turned the series into a movie. Nothing can beat the visual one sees in their mind when reading about her escapades. It's priceless.
    OMG.

I was reading last night at the gym while on the treadmill. I came to the part where Lula is stuck in the car window and the Girls' are blowing in the wind, so to speak.... I thought I might fall off the treadmill. The visual I had of that scene was just priceless.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3711165;
    OMG.

I was reading last night at the gym while on the treadmill. I came to the part where Lula is stuck in the car window and the Girls' are blowing in the wind, so to speak.... I thought I might fall off the treadmill. The visual I had of that scene was just priceless.
    That was hilarious!

My favorite Lula moment was from a few book back when she was on the low carb diet. She was carrying a bag of cooked bacon into the bailed bonds office and a pack of dogs starting chasing her. The description of her outfit becoming completely disarrayed had me laughing out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3711321;
    That was hilarious!

My favorite Lula moment was from a few book back when she was on the low carb diet. She was carrying a bag of cooked bacon into the bailed bonds office and a pack of dogs starting chasing her. The description of her outfit becoming completely disarrayed had me laughing out loud.
    OMG. I totally remember that one, too. The visuals we get of Lula are just priceless. She's even surpassed Grandma Mazur many, many books ago. Probably 1 of my favorite fictional characters in a long time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3711335;
    OMG. I totally remember that one, too. The visuals we get of Lula are just priceless. She's even surpassed Grandma Mazur many, many books ago. Probably 1 of my favorite fictional characters in a long time.
    I agree! I can just hear her voice whenever I read those books. My favorite part was
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when she tricked Tank into ending up engaged to her and became bridezilla.
    in book 14 I believe.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3711115;
    Is it mentioned on Evanovich's website?
    Yes she does.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I finished the first short story in Pretend You're One of Them and needed something lighter, so I downloaded Flashforward on my Kindle and started that. We'll see how close the new show is to it. The book starts out right away with how it happened, so that's already a question.
    Count your blessings!

I'm reading the sweetest book right now: Masterpiece by Elise Broach. It's for the 10-15 year old crowd, but I'm enjoying it. It's the story of a beetle who lives (along with the rest of his family) in the New York apartment of this family with a little boy - James - who pretty much gets ignored by his parents. For his birthday, the little boy gets a pen and ink drawing set, which the beetle - Marvin - uses to draw James a picture (using his front legs dipped into the lid of the ink bottle). It's really good and James's parents think he drew it. Marvin and James become friends and eventually get caught up in a staged art theft at the Metropolitan Museum involving a Durer drawing that Marvin copies and the adults involved think James did. Anyway, it's very charming and has lovely little ink drawings in it. A nice change from all the serious stuff I've been reading lately.

Some of my favorite parts of Evanovich's books are the ones with Lula and Grandma Mazur. I think it's book 12 where they join a band. The descriptions of Grandma Mazur in her outfit had me in hysterics. I still love the plot with her and her Supersuit, too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I just finished The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale, and it was just OK. The real life Victorian murder mystery it describes is pretty fascinating, but the book has way too many extraneous facts about detective fiction.

I'm about halfway though Child 44 by Tom Rob Smith, and it's really great so far. It takes place in the USSR, and the main characters is an agent who finds "traitors" to the state. Everyone in the books is so paranoid, it makes me have the strangest dreams when I listen to the audio before bed.

I've just started Dead and Gone by Charlaine Harris, and I mistakenly requested the large print copy from the library. I feel like I'm reading a kid's book, lol.

+ Reply to Thread