+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

You can cover your books prhoshay. You can buy the supplies at brodart. Brodart.com - The complete source for all your library needs I don't remember the amounts you have to buy, but I don't think it's huge.

And to keep on topic, I'm reading Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell thanks to the recommendations here. And am excited to see that Arsenic and Old Paint will be out in 2010! It was sad to wonder what would happen to Annie.

Kanga

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks for the info! I'll check it out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga;3709389;
    And to keep on topic, I'm reading Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell thanks to the recommendations here. And am excited to see that Arsenic and Old Paint will be out in 2010! It was sad to wonder what would happen to Annie.
    I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Julie is such a nice person. I'm happy to see more people getting into her books!

A few days ago I finished My Father's Hands by Myron Uhlberg. It's a memoir of growing up hearing with two deaf parents. Really good. Yesterday I read Daniel Silva's Prince of Fire - great Israeli/Palestinian espionage thriller. Very macho, but I love Silva.

Now I'm reading The Miracles of Prato by Laurie Albanese and Laura Morowitz. It's about the painter Fra Filippo Lippi, one of the great 15th century Italian painters. Good stuff
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Just started Finger Lickin' Fifteen.
    I saw some very poor reviews on Amazon. Has anybody read / commented on this yet?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3709603;
    Just started Finger Lickin' Fifteen.
    I saw some very poor reviews on Amazon. Has anybody read / commented on this yet?
    I read it and I love it. I was surprised how much I liked it after reading some reviews of it.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I just started Say You're One of Them (Oprah's pick) about the Nairobi slums. Counting my blessings indeed.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3709784;
    I read it and I love it. I was surprised how much I liked it after reading some reviews of it.
    Thanks, MsDiva.
    I'm almost 1/3 of the way through and I'm enjoying it, too, so am glad to see not all reviews are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3710438;
    Thanks, MsDiva.
    I'm almost 1/3 of the way through and I'm enjoying it, too, so am glad to see not all reviews are bad.
    I enjoyed it as well. It's a quick, fun read and Lula is one of the funniest, most entertaining characters in fiction imho.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3710442;
    I enjoyed it as well. It's a quick, fun read and Lula is one of the funniest, most entertaining characters in fiction imho.

Glad to hear another good review. Thanks, BTrixie.
    Lula is one of my alltime favorites, too. That's kind of why I'm glad they haven't turned the series into a movie. Nothing can beat the visual one sees in their mind when reading about her escapades. It's priceless.

Premium Member

Just started reading the 7th book of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander Series "An Echo In The Bone", been waiting awhile for the sequel. So yay.

+ Reply to Thread