+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 710 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147547 ... LastLast
Like Tree254Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

That's good, ixcrisxi. Did you have "Great Expectations" for it? *badum-ching!* Seriously though, I remember reading that in junior high, and I really liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    SFG You are so smart I never heard of half.com, but I did get a copy there for under $3 as well (of course, I have to pay Canadian shipping :rolleyes). Our little prairie city library is okay, but the only Gaiman books they have are Neverwhere and Coraline which I've already read.
    I'm glad you got it! I'm almost done myself, so we can have a chat about it over tea! Um, virtual, E-tea!
    (btw, I would probably be doing better with I Know This Much Is True if it wasn't for Dominick and Dessa's baby dying of SIDS - I cringe and start sniffling every time it's mentioned...call me an oversentimental mom )
    It's okay, I'm not even a mom yet, and every time I read those parts I needed the tissue box beside me.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I am currently reading The Bean Trees

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus
    Wow! I just read this whole thread and you people sure do have a huge variety of reading materials! I'm pretty picky about the books I read - no science fiction, no aliens, no out of body stuff, no Lord of the Rings stuff, but I love mysteries, family saga types, basically stories about real people, and also I love true crime - Ann Rule being my favourite in that area.

Right now I am reading ..... Empire Falls by Richard Russo. So far it's okay, but needs to have more spice to it, hopefully that's coming up.
    Me too Rufus, I am also a fan of Anne Rule, I just started reading "Heart Full of Lies' and like with most of her books I can't put it down.

Just started "Swan Song" by Robert McMannon (sp)

AWESOME BOOK. Similar to The Stand by Stephen King but, much better.

It gave me nightmares though.......
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

"Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers." It's about what happens when we donate our body to science -- everything from letting cosmetic surgeons practice facelifts to serving as crash-test dummies. Fascinating.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar
    , Snowie... I do have Great Expectations for it in fact. It's pretty good so far. Although, I think I should finish some of the leisure books that I've started and not finished (like the ones that I borrowed from Manny).
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Night Shift By Stephen King.

A collection of short stories, just finished reading the first one "Jerusalem's Lot". Just about to start on "Graveyard Shift".

If you liked Jerusalem's Lot, now pick up the full-length book that the short story inspired, 'Salem's Lot.

Idol Fan
    Re-reading David Eddings "Belgarath, the Sorceror" til I get to the library! Related to his first series, The Belgariad.

I love sci-fi fantasy; Regency romances my secret pleasure (uh, so much for secret); humorous murder mysteries (recently discovered Den of Antiquity series by Tamar Myers) and love historical mysteries like Robin Paige and Anne Perry; historical romances; Nora Roberts, in a class of her own; Deepak Chopra; great spy books - can't remember favorites, "The Source" by Michener one of my all-time loves, and on and on.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    If you liked Jerusalem's Lot, now pick up the full-length book that the short story inspired, 'Salem's Lot.
    I've seen the film, excellent.

I'll have to get the book now you've reminded me.

+ Reply to Thread