+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I just finished Hunger Games...love it! That it's all a deadly reality tv game isn't so farfetched actually....or maybe I have an overactive imagination. The first book ending where it did has me anxious to see what comes next for Katniss and Peeta. I'm off to buy the new book tomorrow.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Crit, and Gut she has published it herself (she sent it to some publishers, but in the end she'd rather get it out than wait for someone else's approval), but it's just in Swedish. It's a current topic though regarding step-families and how the children fit in into the equation (specifically when the parents split up).

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3692197;
    I guess schools don't even use chalkboards anymore?
    NO.....
    we "humans" here in philippines still use chalkboard....
    school aids and finances are not enough to purcase computersand projectors....
    uhggrrrr.....we are one of the POOREST country in the world....
    sorry i really have to admit it.............

Has anyone read twenties girl by sophie kinsella? I'm reading it now and to a part where I'm having to stop myself from laughing out loud literally..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Just have 40 pages left of "The Help" - love, love, love this book! I was #14 on the library Hold List, and thought I would never get it; but it was worth the wait. One of my favorite parts when Celia wrote "two slicer Hilly" on the check
    I have more library books to follow this - but right now......... nothing exists outside of (1964 Mississippi). Great book, so thankful that I have never met nor known a "Hilly".
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I just finished The Pirate's Daughter and it was incredible! I couldn't put it down! I sat here in front of my computer with my feet up and that book in my lap all day because I couldn't stop reading. Definitely a huge thumbs up

I've got Dennis Lehane's The Given Day sitting here in front of me. I started it a while back and it didn't click for me. I've read so many great reviews that I'm going to give it another try.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Regular

yeheeyyy.....
    i've finished Breaking Dawn this morning...and well that was a relief....
    i really don't understand why others don't like
    the book.....
    it's facinating......
    and i love it.....it's my fav. in all the 4 sagas.....

I was showing someone my Kindle this morning and they recommended The Fountainhead. I think I may have read it years ago in my early 20s, or started reading it and didn't like it. Has anyone actually read it and liked it? I remember it being rather heavy going.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Pirate's Daughter is now on my reading list! Too many good reviews, in here, for it not to be!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3696021;
    The Pirate's Daughter is now on my reading list! Too many good reviews, in here, for it not to be!

Is that the book by Margaret Cezair-Thompson?
    My sister raved about it, and our library doesn't have it. I can't decide whether to order it from Amazon or wait 2 months, and get it when I next visit........

It's on my list now - thanks to you both!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread