+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 698 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145545 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    I also finished Coraline - Snowflake Girl, did you read that yet? I loved it, in fact I couldn't put it down (it is a quick read, mind you). It's a great book for anyone pre-teen and up.
    AJ!!! No, I haven't read Coraline yet, although I did finally start American Gods. I'm about 200 pages in, and I like it so far, though I'm having a hard time imagining where it's going (which is actually a good thing, since the last couple of books I read, I saw the endings coming from a mile away *cough DaVinci Code cough*).

I have a lot of books I bought that I have yet to get to, so Coraline may have to wait. Plus, I'm worried my husband will leave me if he finds out how much I spend on books.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Do any of you parents still give "coming of age" books to your kids?

Like "Dear God It's Me Margaret" to pre-teen girls?

I know as a teenage boy I loved all the old SE Hinton books, "The Outsiders", "Rumble Fish", "Than Was Then This Is Now".

"Go Ask Alice" is a great book to give to teens to warn of the dangers of drug use. It gets the point across without being preachy.

I loved those books when I was younger ...My Son has always been into Harry Potter and my Daughter is just not a reader but I'm working on it.She finally started reading The Lovely Bones Lucy after I showed her your post.Thank you
    Barb

Dex
    I'm reading one of Ian Rankin's Inspector Rebus's series novels. Doesn't seem very interesting
    Has anyone read Mark Haddon's Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime? Is it any good?
    Bollocks to your pompous hiney! -makerc

Just started reading Tracy Chevalier's _Girl With a Pearl Earring_. I want to read this before I rent the DVD.
    Ludicrous speed!

I adored that book, charstar. I was sad when it ended because I just wanted to keep reading it.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I just started reading The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

So far I am enjoying it.

Just finished that book Silent Witness by Richard North Patterson. It was excellent. I don't normally go in for courtroom thrillers, but this one was very good because of the superb relationships Patterson drew between the main characters. The driving incident which fuels all of the action to follow is very powerful and tragic, as well. The whole thing is very believable and touching. I recommend it.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I just started "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving. I've been wanting to read this for a while, and finally got to it.

I've just started reading Jennifer Weiner's _In Her Shoes_.
    Hey Greenie, I loved _Girl With A Pearl Earring_. Have you read any of Chevalier's other books? I'm thinking of buying her others.
    Ludicrous speed!

I've read both "Fallen Angels" and "The Virgin Blue" by Tracy Chevalier. I think I liked "Fallen Angels" better than "The Virgin Blue", but neither one are as good as "Girl With A Pearl Earring". I would still recommend them though, but just know that the stories aren't anything like "Girl With A Pearl Earring". I have bought her new book "The Lady and the Unicorn", but haven't read it. It's on my list though.

+ Reply to Thread