+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Thanks Bearcata!
    Have read all the above, (well not the 3 in one books because they're just composites of the first 9); plus the early Romance novels:
    The Grand Finale, Thanksgiving, Foul Play, Manhunt, Love Overboard, Back to the Bedroom, Smitten, Wife For Hire, The Rocky Road to Romance, & Naughty Neighbor.
    But, they are not "Stephanie Plum". I was trying to figure out what the original Stephanie Plum reference was other then the above listed SP books.

Was there something else that I missed?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3623925;
    Sounds like 15 is going to be good. Thanks, Ms. Diva and Bearcata.
    I think I'm now about # 281 on the list of holds at the library.
    Janet Evanovich has a bunch of Excerpts from Finger Lickin Fifteen along with her books.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3626228;
    Thanks Bearcata!
    Have read all the above, (well not the 3 in one books because they're just composites of the first 9); plus the early Romance novels:
    The Grand Finale, Thanksgiving, Foul Play, Manhunt, Love Overboard, Back to the Bedroom, Smitten, Wife For Hire, The Rocky Road to Romance, & Naughty Neighbor.
    But, they are not "Stephanie Plum". I was trying to figure out what the original Stephanie Plum reference was other then the above listed SP books.

Plum Lovin, Plum Lucky, etc. are the between the numbers books. The original Stephanie Pum series begins with One for the Money and is up to Finger Lickin Fifteen. I've seen her numerous times at our Book Festival. Janet E. is an older version of Stephanie Plum.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 07-31-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3626228;
    Thanks Bearcata!

Don't think so, I think it was just the way the post was worded. I got all my references from Evanovich's website.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I was at the store yesterday and realized 2 of my favorite authors have new books out I didnt know were coming...sophia kinsella and jennifer wiener I love reading new books by authors I know I like.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Knight's Fork by Rowena Cherry.

Another in her Tigron Empire series. This author uses a lot of chess terms and gambits in her stories. Bit of a comtempory romance with aliens. Her dialog is very witty but I find I have to read quite slowly and carefully to get it. Very British sense of humour and wordplay. Still quite fun.

Bloody Good
    by Georgia Evans.

The first of a trilogy set in 1940's Brytewood, England. A small village a day's travel away from London. Very much your PBS setting for a Miss Marple mystery, but in this case the Germans are using vampires as saboteurs and it's up to the local doctor to stop them. The feel and dialog is very period.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just checked out the newest Greg Iles book The Devil's Punchbowl, from the library. I have enjoyed reading his other books and I'm looking forward to starting this one.

FORT Regular

The Help is showing up in the recent hardcover bestseller lists! Wha hoo! I love it when a great work of fiction cracks that list.

Quote Originally Posted by obsession57;3628560;
    The Help is showing up in the recent hardcover bestseller lists! Wha hoo! I love it when a great work of fiction cracks that list.
    I am reading it right now and I absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Bloody Good by Georgia Evans.

The first of a trilogy set in 1940's Brytewood, England. A small village a day's travel away from London. Very much your PBS setting for a Miss Marple mystery, but in this case the Germans are using vampires as saboteurs and it's up to the local doctor to stop them. The feel and dialog is very period.
    Thanks! That sounds right my alley, it's just my cup of tea... (Add the cliche of your choice.)

Reminds of a series I just recently discovered, by Jacqueline Winspear. The first one is called Maisie Dobbs, and it's a mystery/detective type of series set in the London area in the 1930s. Like the above, they have a very period feel. The fallout of the horror of World War I and the loss of most of a generation of young men permeates the action. There are 6 so far in this very well written series, the first 5 in paperback. I've read the first two.

No vampires or other supernatural beings, though...

+ Reply to Thread