+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I was in the library yesterday looking for a good read and ran into a friend who recommended two books by Tana French - In the Woods and The Likeness. Anyone here read these?
    Count your blessings!

Going on a trip so I'm planning to start the Sookie Stackhouse series. I picked up the first two yesterday. I'm also going to try to finish The Shack...that's what I keep telling myself. I packed it so we'll see. It's never taken me this long to finish a book.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3609888;
    Wow I just read one of my favorite Authors passed away today. E Lynn Harris
    Oh this is too sad, he was only 54. I haven't seen anyone name the cause of death yet.

I just finished Too Good To Be True the other day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The characters is his books are always so compelling and likeable. I especially loved the books with Basil Henderson, he had so much charisma.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

From what I just read, he had been in declining health, but they did not specify the illness. I am in total shock. He was on tour to promote his latest book.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sorry I don't have the posting, but a report I saw said it was cardiac arrest.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Insufficient Mating Material by Rowena Cherry. Thoroughly enjoyed it. The author has a rather convoluted speech pattern and this is not a book you can read quickly especially if you are to get all the nuances of the relationships between the characters and the culture. It is science fiction lite or it can be described as romance futuristic. The alpha males are 7 feet tall and they are from the Tiger Djinn (silent 'D') Empire and have physic powers and are vastly paranoid due to assassination attempts. The males fall into rut when they scent females going into season and are quiet violent to any rivals. Oh, the males also have a bone in their positors (as in sperm depositor). The main alpha in this story Djetth (pronounced Jet) also has a bio luminescent interactive tattoo of lighting on his. The books are quiet fun, just be patience with the dialog.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3603837;
    It sounds like you're on the first Stephanie series.
    Did it start with One for the Money?
    Yes - are her other ones even better?? (Love your profile pic btw!)
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3611694;
    Going on a trip so I'm planning to start the Sookie Stackhouse series. I picked up the first two yesterday. I'm also going to try to finish The Shack...that's what I keep telling myself. I packed it so we'll see. It's never taken me this long to finish a book.
    I loved the Shack! It was a hard hard read though. One chapter at a time at best. And a lot of it I didn't take too literally, just take the message of it to heart. :^)
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

I picked up Swimsuit by James Patterson yesterday, we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3611694;
    Going on a trip so I'm planning to start the Sookie Stackhouse series. I picked up the first two yesterday.
    I envy you just starting the Sookie series! I have read all of them, except for the newest one that is still available only in hardback.

My favorite is still the first one, Dead Until Dark. I recently reread it, and yep, I still think it's my favorite.

+ Reply to Thread