+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I'm on the second Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evonavich. Hilarious! I adore Grandma Mazur and Joe Moreli is just plain hot hot hot!
    Reality TV Addict.
    Why can't my life be this interesting?

I just started The Bride of Castle Dracula by Marta Acosta yesterday and I'm loving it! A review on the cover calls it a cross between Bridget Jones's Diary and Interview With a Vampire and that's totally accurate! It's very fun and breezy - not dark the way vamp stories often are.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by EmmasMama;3603777;
    I'm on the second Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evonavich. Hilarious! I adore Grandma Mazur and Joe Moreli is just plain hot hot hot!
    It sounds like you're on the first Stephanie series.
    Did it start with One for the Money?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I am reading "Bubbles All The Way" and "dont cry now" by joy fielding...I really am enjoying Dont Cry Now...but Im afraid its going to end with the doting husband being the bad guy again..and I hate that lol I get attached to these loving, doting men and they turn out to be psychos
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3603826;
    I just started The Bride of Castle Dracula by Marta Acosta yesterday and I'm loving it! A review on the cover calls it a cross between Bridget Jones's Diary and Interview With a Vampire and that's totally accurate! It's very fun and breezy - not dark the way vamp stories often are.
    Thanks! I love vampire stories, and hadn't heard of that one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3604107;
    Thanks! I love vampire stories, and hadn't heard of that one yet.
    You're welcome You should know that this one is the third in a series, although I haven't read the other two. I picked this one up at a booksellers convention because it sounded interesting. Now I'll have to find the other two. It's definitely more chick lit than vampire story. The vamps can go out in the daylight, as long as they have really good sunscreen (!) and they actually can eat food. ...especially very rare red meat. Still, it was lots of fun. I actually finished it about an hour ago.

I'm now about 5 pages into The Rose Labyrinth by Titania Hardie. It's historical fiction along the lines of The Eight, so I think I'll enjoy it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I am reading a fascinating book called The Devlin Diary by Christi Phillips, It's set in 1672 and the present, London. Hannah is a woman living in 1672 practising medicine but not allowed to call herself a doctor. Claire is in the present, an American, teaching history at Trinity College. Hannah gets drawn into a series of strange muederes that reach into the present day and involve Claire.
    A great book with lots of historical detail and a compelling tale of two worlds and two women.
    The Devlin Diary by Christi Phillips

Where The Wind Comes Sweeping Down The Plains

I am reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I'm kind of behind on the whole craze, but better late than never!
    To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater. -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3604764;
    You're welcome You should know that this one is the third in a series, although I haven't read the other two.
    I discovered that fact while checking it out on Barnesandnoble.com, where I buy most of my books used. I ordered the first one, Happy Hour at Casa Dracula, (used) for $1.99 plus $3.99 shipping. I've had great luck with ordering books this way. They are usually nearly new looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3604764;
    I'm now about 5 pages into The Rose Labyrinth by Titania Hardie. It's historical fiction along the lines of The Eight, so I think I'll enjoy it.
    I think I would love that one, also. I'll put it on my ever-lengthening list. Too many books, too little time!

Wow I just read one of my favorite Authors passed away today. E Lynn Harris
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread