+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Magic's Design by Cat Adams -- paranormal based on Ukranian folk tales and Pysanky which is an eastern European craft of decorating eggs. Quite fun and informative. No vampires or werewolves but there is magic.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3599553;
    Magic's Design by Cat Adams -- paranormal based on Ukranian folk tales and Pysanky which is an eastern European craft of decorating eggs. Quite fun and informative. No vampires or werewolves but there is magic.
    That sounds like something I would like. I think I will check it out, thanks Bearcata!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I've got The Help on reserve at the library, but naturally I'm one of many in line for it.

Anne Tyler has never written a bad book, and I think she's outdone herself with Back When We Were Grownups. (I know it's not her latest but it's the newest release of hers that I've gotten my hands on.) I thought nothing would top Dinner At The Homesick Restaurant but this one comes close. I'm delaying finishing this book because I'm loving it so much.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3599853;
    I've got The Help on reserve at the library, but naturally I'm one of many in line for it.
    oh my goodness The Help was one of the best books Ive read in awhile! especially toward the end, couldnt put it down
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

AJ, The Help is definitely worth the wait!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think the wait for The Help is so long at the library because so many of us have reserved it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

The author of The Help appeared here last week at a local bookstore and I'm sorry I didn't get to see her. But sometimes you have to buy a copy just to stand in line. . . anyway, I find it fascinating that the themes in that book have touched so many people.

I'm still finishing The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

Has anyone read "Bobby and Jackie: A Love Story"? It looks intriguing.

I still finishing J. K. Rowling „Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix“

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I actually think I would have stood in line to get an autographed copy of The Help! If she comes here, I'm in!!! I am frustrated that there are only a couple of events listed on her event page.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-23-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread