+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Just finished reading Shanghai Girls, by Lisa See.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by mystic_one;3551493;
    Just finished reading Shanghai Girls, by Lisa See.
    Please tell how you liked it! I loved Snowflower and the Secret Fan. . . .was hoping that this was just as good. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3549431;
    OMGosh, I do not know how you can do that. The ONLY time I even have two books going is if I need a break from one, and then I usually read the second from start to finish before going back to the first. I don't think I ever alternate between books!! I think I would start crossing storylines...
    Years and years of watching multiple tv shows has made reading several story lines at the same time very easy to do. Growing up watching One Life To Live and General Hospital and The Young and The Restless prepares you for a lot in life.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just finished The Namesake. I saw the movie about 3 years ago when it first came out and loved it. I just got around to reading the book and really enjoyed it so I decided to rent the movie and watch it again....what a mistake! It's really interesting how you can enjoy a movie for what it is if you haven't read the book. Anyway, anyone read it?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3564676;
    I just finished The Namesake. I saw the movie about 3 years ago when it first came out and loved it. I just got around to reading the book and really enjoyed it so I decided to rent the movie and watch it again....what a mistake! It's really interesting how you can enjoy a movie for what it is if you haven't read the book. Anyway, anyone read it?
    I read the Namesake long before the movie came and I really loved the book. The movie for me wasn't nearly as good, but I decided it was mostly because I didn't like the lead actor and the silly way they aged him. Just seemed fake. But I highly recommend the book.

PS currently reading The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. Read half of it yesterday. Narrated by a dog. . . love it so far!

Quote Originally Posted by obsession57;3566817;
    I read the Namesake long before the movie came and I really loved the book. The movie for me wasn't nearly as good, but I decided it was mostly because I didn't like the lead actor and the silly way they aged him. Just seemed fake. But I highly recommend the book.
    Are you referring to Gogol? I don't think the character was cast right at all... in the book it is clearly stated a few times that he has a sharp face with a pointed nose and I just kept staring at this guy's nose which was broad and flat...

your new book sounds fun!

I read finger lookin fifteen and LOVED it! I was reading mixed reviews but I enjoyed it just as much as the others..

Read a book called hold my hand, its a british ghost story and I enjoyed it very much..

And now I'm reading a book called I dreamed I married Perry mason..I'm enjoying it so far, it kind of reminds me of Janet evanovich, but not quite as funny..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I just started "Charmed to Death" by Shirley Damsgaard, it is book 2 in the Ophelia & Abby series. I am not sure what I find so intriguing in this series, the mystery, the supernatural, or that the location is Des Moines - Iowa City, IA. Who would even imagine mystery cozies built around locations in Iowa? My hometown was actually included in the first book! Anyway, I will probably read through this entire series, or the few I have, over the next few days. Then I hope to have my Amazon order delivered so that I can begin "Shanghai Moon" by S. J. Rozan.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

MRD

Pat Conroy has a new book coming out in August. South of Broad. I've always liked his books and it's been quite sometime since he's had a new one. I can't wait.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3526289;
    Yes, she definitely belongs with Morelli, but nothing wrong with giving Ranger a whirl when she and Morelli aren't together.

Back to the book itself, I was completely underwhelmed with this one. Hopefully,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    she'll be on an actual case with the next one.
    Ok I want Stephanie with Ranger because I just love me some Ranger. I also like Morelli. Morelli and Stephanie just seem like a comfort relationship. Lol stephanie and I have the same name so when she is around Ranger I can live the dream through her lol.

Right now I am waiting for my signed copy of Hot Pursuit by Suzanne Brockmann to come out on the July 28th and be mailed to me.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread