+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3523449;
    Stephanie sure is catnip for those bad boys. The all want her. I figure it's because of her curly hair.
    Probably that and the fact that she seldom seems to comb it. She's a low maintenance type of woman.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3523464 View Post
    Probably that and the fact that she seldom seems to comb it. She's a low maintenance type of woman.
    Probably because we curlies can't comb or brush our hair!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3522898;
    Have you ever read the series of autobiographies that Maya Angelou wrote about her life? They are wonderful, she has a fascinating story to tell!! As I read them I could not help but think that my life is completely banal in comparison!

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
    Gather Together In My Name
    Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
    The Heart of a Woman
    Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now

I haven't read them, but I'm putting them on my list! Thanks! I want to say that I started out trying to read Caged Bird in college, but I don't think I finished it. It's hard to read for pleasure in college when you've got so much other required reading to do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Has anyone read grace site by charlaine Harris? My friend told me I should read it so I picked it up from the library..

Right now I'm reading "before the storm" by Diane chamberlain..she wrote the secret life of ceecee wilkes..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3521836;
    I love the Stephanie Plum novels but I've been reading them for the last few months and am thinking that I need a break for a bit.

Anyone know of a shorter series that is funny and sassy?
    I've suggested the bubbles series before, I think there are 6 books..really fun..the author is sarah strohmeyer..bubbles is like the anti Stephanie lol she has blond hair and big boobs and wears high heels and tight clothes..unlike Stephanie who throws a baseball cap on and calls it good lol but I enjoy all the characters in both series..the books are kind of similer I think
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Thanks, I'll have to try Bubbles! I just looked at them on B & N.com and they look really good!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I finished reading the 3rd Night World book only to discover it wasn't the last one - the last one isn't coming out until next April!!! Argh!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3522898;
    Have you ever read the series of autobiographies that Maya Angelou wrote about her life? They are wonderful, she has a fascinating story to tell!! As I read them I could not help but think that my life is completely banal in comparison!

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings
    Gather Together In My Name
    Singin' and Swingin' and Gettin' Merry Like Christmas
    The Heart of a Woman
    Wouldn't Take Nothing For My Journey Now
    yes, I love her... she saved me. I saw her on Oprah and she gave me the strenght to get out of an abusive marriage. It was as if I was suppose to watch her that day and she was speaking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3524821;
    yes, I love her... she saved me. I saw her on Oprah and she gave me the strenght to get out of an abusive marriage. It was as if I was suppose to watch her that day and she was speaking to me.
    She is truly an amazing woman, thoughtful and eloquent! And kudos to you for drawing on that strength to leave!

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3524298;
    Has anyone read grace site by charlaine Harris? My friend told me I should read it so I picked it up from the library..

Right now I'm reading "before the storm" by Diane chamberlain..she wrote the secret life of ceecee wilkes..
    Do you mean the Harper Connelly books by Charlaine Harris? Grave Sight, Grave Surprise, An Ice Cold Grave and Grave Secret. I have read or listened to the first 3 books and loved them. They are about a girl who was struck by lighting and can now sense where dead people are buried and how they died. She and her stepbrother travel the country finding missing people. What I really liked about the series is that Charlaine Harris did research the side effects of what happens to people who are struck by lighting (real disabilitating side effects) and incorporates it into the story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread