+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree265Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3435493;
    I am really enjoying Burning Wild. I'm about 137 pages in and Christine Feehan has this ability to get into the characters head and you can almost feel what they are feeling. So yeah the book is pretty good.
    Thanks, did you read the first two in the series, The Awakening and Wild Rain? And, I'm rapidly becoming a big fan of Christine Feehan. I really enjoy her style.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;3435518;
    Thanks, did you read the first two in the series, The Awakening and Wild Rain? And, I'm rapidly becoming a big fan of Christine Feehan. I really enjoy her style.
    Yeap, read those awhile ago. I have been waiting for a new Leopard story for a while since CF has been pretty busy with the Carpathians, the Drake Sisters and the Ghostwalkers.

Check out your library, the Carpathian books are starting to come out as audio books.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp;3430495 View Post
    I am currently reading 'Look Again' by Lisa Scottoline. Fantastic book! I do have The 8th Confession waiting for me at the library now and James Patterson is always a quick (and interesting) read.
    Thanks for the heads up on 'Look Again'. Just reserved it @ the library. I read the summary & saw the lead character is called Ellen. Being one myself, I feel a special affinity for all Ellens, be they real or not. (Sad, but true.)

Almost done with Charlaine Harris's "Last Scene Alive" (Roe Teagarden series), and will then begin "Revenge of the Spellmans" by Lisa Lutz
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3435406;
    I'm reading Marge Piercy's Woman on the Edge of Time, as I mentioned upthread. The beginning is a little hard to get through because it is thoroughly depressing, but now I'm finding that it had to start that way to set the stage for the main gist of the book. If you're looking for something to read, pick it up so we can discuss!! Love this author!
    You're on. I reserved it at the library - just finished my most recent book and I realized I had nothing on deck to read. I love Piercy too - she's made her way onto my list of top authors.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Let me warn you - as the title suggests, this is a little bit science fiction/utopia, but I'm really enjoying it. I keep sneaking it at work because I can't go all day without reading it, and reading during commercials on tv. So it has me hooked!
    Count your blessings!

I just started the Sookie Stackhouse series, I'm halfway through the first book and I just love it!

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3441424;
    I just started the Sookie Stackhouse series, I'm halfway through the first book and I just love it!
    Just wait, they only get better! My fav. character is Bubba... you will know why when you get to him
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I finished with the first "Sookie Stackhouse" book, and it did make me want to read on....however, I am now super-involved with Kathryn Stockett's book, The Help. It's hard to put down!

I'll get back to Sookie!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

has anyone read the bubbles series? the first book in the series is "bubbles unbound" and then "bubbles in trouble" I would definitely reccomend it if you liked the stephanie plumb books..bubbles is like, the anti stephanie lol she is a hairdresser turned reporter who wears skin tight clothes and has beach blond hair and ends up chasing stories and getting herself in hilarious circumstances.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread