+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by obsession57;3412848;
    I just started Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah last night. It's going to be good, I can tell. Was True Colors sad? My daughter likes this author but hates sad books (I guess Firefly Lane gets sad at the end).
    Firefly Lane was excellent. I cried like a baby reading True Colors, Kristen knows how to pull the heartstrings and isn't she a doll...so pretty!

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3403008;
    I am on the 13th stephanie plumb series and am so addicted! I love how she writes her characters and oh my goodness I am so in love with Morelli and Ranger..I can see why Stephanie is..they are very similer...but boy, when Ranger gets his flirt on *fans self*
    I absolutely love Janet Evanovich! I eagerly await the 15th Plum novel! I'm in love with Morelli and Ranger too....babe...lol

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3238890;
    well now I finished "one for the money" by janet evanovich, and I liked it..I wouldnt say It was WOW but it was good enough to keep going..I really like Ranger and Morelli theyre funny and grandma to lol
    Yes, Grandma Mazur is a hoot!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3390413;
    I just started Beach Road by James Patterson. I finished the latest Cornwell/Scarpetta novel and am waiting for the newest to come out in paperback.
    Hey, bug! I love James Patterson too and eagerly await his next, just finished Run For Your Life and it was very good. I enjoy Cornwell also.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Just finished Lisa Kleypas, Blue Eyed Devil, loved it!

I just picked up City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Anyone read it? I plan on starting tonight- looks good!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

MRD

I will be through with my semester next week and can't wait to go to the library and get stuff to read for pleasure. I will be scouring this thread for ideas.

I did start reading We Were Soldiers Once....And Young about Vietnam. It's not a light read, but I'm taking a military culture class in the fall and someone in the class this semester said that they had to read this book and I already had it for some reason. It really makes you appreciate what our troops go through.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3416839;
    I will be through with my semester next week and can't wait to go to the library and get stuff to read for pleasure. I will be scouring this thread for ideas.

I did start reading We Were Soldiers Once....And Young about Vietnam. It's not a light read, but I'm taking a military culture class in the fall and someone in the class this semester said that they had to read this book and I already had it for some reason. It really makes you appreciate what our troops go through.
    Thanks for the comment, my husband is a former Marine and was in Vietnam. He went through hell and suffers from PTSD. I appreciate anyone who sympathizes with our military men and women! Semper Fi !!

Im reading a book called "the ha ha" I dont really know anything about it...it was on one of those impulse checkout shelfs at the library lol you walk by and take a look at it etc...so I got it.

my book club is doing mystic river..if anyone knows of anything that has worked well with book clubs let me know..it was hard for me to pick out that one, I did because it was on my shelf and I needed to read it anyways.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3418086;
    Im reading a book called "the ha ha" I dont really know anything about it...it was on one of those impulse checkout shelfs at the library lol you walk by and take a look at it etc...so I got it.

my book club is doing mystic river..if anyone knows of anything that has worked well with book clubs let me know..it was hard for me to pick out that one, I did because it was on my shelf and I needed to read it anyways.
    Mystic River shouold do well with your book club. Definitely quite a bit for everybody to talk about.
    Surprisingly, a friend of mine told me her book club read the last of the John Updike novels. Besides being a great series, ( the Rabbit books ) it seems that the last novel talked a lot about him and his affairs, so, she said not only was it great to discuss from a literary standpoint, but it also got into some good gossip.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread