+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: What are you reading?

I just picked up a Cait London, Silence the Whispers. I'm enjoying it.

I found an old book at the trade in bookstore by Jayne Ann Krentz entitled "The Family Way" and am just starting it. Next up will be "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I'm reading James Patterson's 7th Heaven. It's in the Women's Murder club series. His books still hook you in, no matter how many co-writers he has. I think he's extremely smart in doing very short chapters. Easy to pick up and put down.
    Finished Michael Connelly's Brass Verdict. Really good. He's got to be 1 of the best mystery writers out there.
    We have our big book Festival at UCLA coming up in 2 weeks. They always have a great assemblage of writers for all tastes / genres. I got to see Ray Bradbury there last year - just amazing - and the library I'm on the board of also did a dedication of one of our rooms to him last month. He came and regaled us for an hour with all his stories. In fact, he told us how, as a very young man, he wrote Fahreinheit 451 in the UCLA Library having to pay to use the typewriters there. We call him our Literary treasure and made a plaque for him commemorating that. THis is a man who has never forgotten his local libraries and he's an inspiration to all our patrons!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Love James Patterson and love the kitten doing push-ups!! lol
    I just finished Kristen Hannah's 'True Colors' and it was so good! She touches the heart, what a wonderful author!

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp;3412176;
    I just finished Kristen Hannah's 'True Colors' and it was so good! She touches the heart, what a wonderful author!
    Have you ever read Susan Wiggs or Luanne Rice? If you haven't you might try their books. They are similar to Kristin Hannah.
    I'm on the waiting list for James Patterson 8th Confession, until then I' m reading 'The Hunted' by Alan Jacobson.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp;3412176;
    I just started Firefly Lane by Kristen Hannah last night. It's going to be good, I can tell. Was True Colors sad? My daughter likes this author but hates sad books (I guess Firefly Lane gets sad at the end).

im reading a book called "the answer is yes" I think its similer to the movie "yes man" at least from what I can tell..it seems ok, but I just started it.

I also tried Jennifer Crusie again, I had read "bet me" and someone suggested that I try another one, and Im always willing to think if I dont like a book it could be that book and not the author..and I really enjoyed it! so I can read more jennifer crusie in the future
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

ok "the answer is yes" is nothing like I thought...but its good!
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

AJane! - I read Piercy's Three Women cover to cover on Sunday. Could not put it down. Got nothing else done. One of her best. I just wanted to reach right through that book and hug each of those women. I ordered two more off Amazon and am taking the three I own to my mom when I go visit her in Ohio on Sat. Let me know when you've read it! I'll be interested to hear your reaction.
    Count your blessings!

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3412480;
    Have you ever read Susan Wiggs or Luanne Rice? If you haven't you might try their books. They are similar to Kristin Hannah.
    I'm on the waiting list for James Patterson 8th Confession, until then I' m reading 'The Hunted' by Alan Jacobson.
    I love Luanne Rice! I am waiting on the latest Patterson too! Check out Dorothea Benton Frank too, you will enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread