+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3403008;
    I am on the 13th stephanie plumb series and am so addicted! I love how she writes her characters and oh my goodness I am so in love with Morelli and Ranger..I can see why Stephanie is..they are very similer...but boy, when Ranger gets his flirt on *fans self*
    Oh boy, Ranger.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I received The Shack by Wm. Paul Young as a gift. As soon as I finish the trashy romance novel I'm on , I plan to start it. There are mixed reviews as far as I can tell. Anyone here read it?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I have read it and loved it. I hope that you like it, when you get done let me know what you think. My personal opinion is... people miss the whole point of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3396391;
    I loved Shutter Island too, but I'm the opposite of Rattus - I remember Mystic River better, somehow. I blame my middle-aged memory too.

Gut - I finished The Third Child yesterday. I mistakenly thought the subject matter was lighter than her other work, but "disturbing" is the right description. Melissa's relationships with everyone in her life were chilling, to put it mildly, but I found her character completely sympathetic and I couldn't help hoping for everything to turn out OK for her. The ending both surprised and horrified me. I think this one will stay with me for a while. I'm going to try out Three Women next, after I finish the biography of Victoria Woodhull that I've started.
    I'd better get started on my copy of Three Women so we can discuss!
    Count your blessings!

MRD

I am looking forward to my break from school so I can read for pleasure again. I am starting with Bitter is the New Black.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3403564;
    I received The Shack by Wm. Paul Young as a gift. As soon as I finish the trashy romance novel I'm on , I plan to start it. There are mixed reviews as far as I can tell. Anyone here read it?
    I finished the book a few weeks ago and am now reading the follow up books recommended on the back page. Absolutely incredible book! I cannot recommend it enough. I sent copies to two friends, and plan to re-read the book later this summer.

I have a massive book to read next ~ "Atlas Shrugged."
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I have started reading the 'Left Behind" series of books by Tim Lahaye..there are twelve books in the entire series and they were part of my grandmothers collection and they became mine when she died a year and a half ago but I know she wanted me to read them. I will have to say I have almost finished the first book and if all of them are as good as this first one is I will be buried in books for a couple of weeks.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

would you guys reccomend the other janet evanovich books? the in between the numbers and metro girl...full scoop etc
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Quote Originally Posted by srs_in_Oregon;3410151;
    would you guys reccomend the other janet evanovich books? the in between the numbers and metro girl...full scoop etc
    I read the between the numbers, the Metro books as well as the Full series(there are 6 in all). They're all good reads, quick, easy, and humorous. If you like her writing style, you should read them. By far, the Plum series is her best work though.

The Shack...this is hard for me to read. I had a nightmare about a fourth of the way through about Missy, the little girl who was murdered and haven't been able to pick it up again. I've started the new Mary Clark Higgins book just to have something lighter and I'll go back to The Shack in a few days.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3410540;
    I read the between the numbers, the Metro books as well as the Full series(there are 6 in all). They're all good reads, quick, easy, and humorous. If you like her writing style, you should read them. By far, the Plum series is her best work though.

The Shack...this is hard for me to read. I had a nightmare about a fourth of the way through about Missy, the little girl who was murdered and haven't been able to pick it up again. I've started the new Mary Clark Higgins book just to have something lighter and I'll go back to The Shack in a few days.
    The part about Missy bothered me too. The Shack is not an easy book to read but, if you can try and finish it. I think you will like the ending, it makes the part about Missy bearable.

+ Reply to Thread