+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree249Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3384902;
    Ahem. I'm holding my hand in the air here. I tried a couple of Janet Evanovich's books and couldn't finish either of them. I prefer natural humour and dry wit over schtick, though, so I am not inclined to appreciate crazy grandmothers in general.
    Well, I admit that some of her early books (which have all been recently re-released) are wacky, but I thought the Plum series as a whole have been very enjoyable. In particular 12 and 13 were more natural humor, and more intense/suspenseful storylines. I guess it depends on what you think is wacky though...... but I definitely think the early books were not as good as the Plum series.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3384902;
    Ahem. I'm holding my hand in the air here. I tried a couple of Janet Evanovich's books and couldn't finish either of them. I prefer natural humour and dry wit over schtick, though, so I am not inclined to appreciate crazy grandmothers in general.

ok, well ive still not technically met you
    but you are the first person i have encountered that hasnt like Plum.
    ignorance is excellence

I've finally finished the Stephanie Plum I was reading and am eagerly awaiting for the next in the series to arive in the mail. I'm pretty sure that Joe Morelli is one sexy fictional man! Gotta love a good series that has so many books!

I just started my first Maeve Binchy novel today while I wait- The Glass Lake. So far I am definately a fan.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

was reading The Road and had to stop. hated it. thought it was awful.
    ignorance is excellence

Evanovitch is one of my faves. I've actually thought her earlier books in the series were better than the latest ones. But, I still get enjoyment out of them. What's not to love about a 300 pound ex hooker and a pistol packing elderly grandmother who loves funeral home viewings!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3386562;
    Evanovitch is one of my faves. I've actually thought her earlier books in the series were better than the latest ones. But, I still get enjoyment out of them. What's not to love about a 300 pound ex hooker and a pistol packing elderly grandmother who loves funeral home viewings!!
    my sentiments exactly
    ignorance is excellence

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3386562;
    I love Lula's character, and Grandma's too!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm reading Creepers by David Morrell. Action packed thriller, which would make an excellent movie! Heres a link for more info on the book
    Creepers by David Morrell

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3386487;
    was reading The Road and had to stop. hated it. thought it was awful.
    Aaah, see, this is why we part company on the Janet Evanovich issue. I thought The Road was fascinating and I still think about it on occasion a year after reading it. So it would seem that we have different tastes .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just finished Hold Tight by Harlan Coben, which unfortunately was a disappointment. The characters were interesting and the setup was pretty good, but the plot and payoff were just meh.

I finished Election by Tom Perrotta last week. I totally enjoyed this book! I liked it even more than the movie with Reese Witherspoon. It was quick, funny, and well-written.

+ Reply to Thread