+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

FORT Fogey

Re: What are you reading?

Norealityhere--hi--okay I did just read that one. Darn it--now I'll have to wait.

And yes I liked it a lot because it was from a different main character's point of view.

I liked being able to see the usual main character Harry Bosch from someone else's point of view. Very interesting--and brave--of the author to do.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3378317;
    I finished Sex Wars yesterday and I can't say enough good things about it. A fascinating read and I plan to find a biography on Victoria Woodhull, who interested me the most. Those who enjoyed that book might like Marilyn French's Her Mother's Daughter. It is similar in genre but an emotionally difficult read.
    Sex Wars (Marge Piercy) is the latest of hers I got from the library. I started reading it and then life got busy (progress reports, son home for spring break). I need to renew it and start again. I was reluctant to start it because it is longer than a lot of her others and the last long one I read (Gone to Soldiers) took me forever to read. But it was worth it. I still want to find Small Changes. I'll have to try inter-library loan.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3383191;
    Sex Wars (Marge Piercy) is the latest of hers I got from the library. I started reading it and then life got busy (progress reports, son home for spring break). I need to renew it and start again. I was reluctant to start it because it is longer than a lot of her others and the last long one I read (Gone to Soldiers) took me forever to read. But it was worth it. I still want to find Small Changes. I'll have to try inter-library loan.
    I have The Third Child on my library hold list - the synopsis on the library site intrigued me. I'm dying to read Vida but unbelievably, not a single library in my province has a copy, and it doesn't exist on the Canadian Chapters/Indigo site. I guess I'll try Amazon next.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3383135;
    Norealityhere--hi--okay I did just read that one. Darn it--now I'll have to wait.

And yes I liked it a lot because it was from a different main character's point of view.

I liked being able to see the usual main character Harry Bosch from someone else's point of view. Very interesting--and brave--of the author to do.
    Sorry to burst your bubble. Connelly's one of my favorites, too.
    I checked out the synopsis and the reviews on Amazon. Sounds like Harry will be a peripheral character. I did like Mickey Haller, though, so I am hoping this one doesn't disappoint.
    Have not picked it up yet. Am still reading Say Goodbye by Lisa Gardner. The author has a lot of good, gory detail she gets into. Kind of like the TV show, Criminal Minds, in novel form. The protagonist is a female Feebie.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3382415;
    He's yummy in my imagination too. I see him more like Gilles Marini though.
    I was just thinking who would play them in a tv series and I came up with Benjamin Bratt for Morelli..she is always describing him as sturdy but thin.in fact i kind of see the two as a "miss congeniality" bullock/bratt mix lol for some reason...

anyways..im almost on 5
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

I just started Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich (Plum Between the Numbers series). So far, so good.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3384232;
    I just started Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich (Plum Between the Numbers series). So far, so good.
    i liked it a lot. i needed a plum book for so long that it couldve probably been bad and i still wouldve loved it. i was having lula withdrawals

and a visit from diesel is always a good break from the ranger/morelli thing
    ignorance is excellence

I'm finally reading Twilight and I am more than 1/2 way through (I started it on Saturday and didn't read any yesterday). I love it! I actually feel like I am right there in the story and experiencing everything the characters are experiencing. I love stories that do that! I know of 3 books in this series. How many others are there? I know of Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3384652;
    I'm finally reading Twilight and I am more than 1/2 way through (I started it on Saturday and didn't read any yesterday). I love it! I actually feel like I am right there in the story and experiencing everything the characters are experiencing. I love stories that do that! I know of 3 books in this series. How many others are there? I know of Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse.
    The books in the series, in order, are Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3381075;
    Ive never met anyone who doesnt love Janet and Stephanie Plum. of course lula and grandma mazur are the best!
    Ahem. I'm holding my hand in the air here. I tried a couple of Janet Evanovich's books and couldn't finish either of them. I prefer natural humour and dry wit over schtick, though, so I am not inclined to appreciate crazy grandmothers in general.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread