+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

FORT Newbie

Re: What are you reading?

Thanks to whoever reccomended Janet Evanovich! I am seriously in love with her Stephanie Plum series! Grandma Mazur (spl?) playing with the gun at the dinner table just about had me snorting I was laughing so hard!
    ]

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3381004;
    Thanks to whoever reccomended Janet Evanovich! I am seriously in love with her Stephanie Plum series! Grandma Mazur (spl?) playing with the gun at the dinner table just about had me snorting I was laughing so hard!
    Ive never met anyone who doesnt love Janet and Stephanie Plum. of course lula and grandma mazur are the best!
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Newbie

She is such a creative author! I think I like Stephanie because she isn't perfect. So many characters these days are so boring and unrealistic. I could totally see a SP out there somewhere.
    ]

I just finished reading True Colors by Kristin Hannah. It was really good. Also reading Susan Wiggs, she has stand alones and series.
    Ann B. Ross has a fun series of Mrs. Julia books.

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3380884;
    SRS--thanks so much for the info. I'm not familiar with that Gregory book but from the title it doesn't sound like one of her books that deals with a specific period and place in history. I could be wrong and I am going to look into it and see what it's about. I personally like the books of hers that deal with specific people in history like "The Other Bolyn Girl."
    you may be right...I watched the movie of The other bolyn Girl and enjoyed it very much.

Im at a stall because my sister cant find her 4th book in the stephanie plumb series so until I get to the library Im reading a book called "Three weeks to say goodbye" about a husband and wife who adopts a baby and then the biological father and his father want her back...the father never signed over the rights, and the grandpa is a judge..I just started it so I dont know how it turns out
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3381004;
    I've read the first 6 Stephanie Plum books. They are a riot! However, I do get a bit tired of Stephanie being so obstinate. So, I'm taking a break for now.

I'm on book 14 of the Stephanie Plum series. Like Gutmutter, I've been going through them like a drug addict. Her obstinance doesn't bother me so much - I can relate. When I finish this one today, I'm planning to start reading the between-the-numbers books.

Has anyone read any of Evanovich's other novels, other than Plum?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I'm going to have to seek out these Plum books so I can join the party here. What's the first one called?

I'm reading Inkheart at my daughter's request, so we'll both have read it when the DVD comes out though I think that won't be for quite a while yet. It's not bad, but very much a novel for kids - it definitely doesn't have the same crossover appeal as Harry Potter. A good adventure story for tweens, though.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

The first in the series is One For The Money. I'd recommend grabbing the first few in case you like it. They're quick and easy reads so you'll most likely breeze through them.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3382137;
    I'm on book 14 of the Stephanie Plum series. Like Gutmutter, I've been going through them like a drug addict. Her obstinance doesn't bother me so much - I can relate. When I finish this one today, I'm planning to start reading the between-the-numbers books.

Has anyone read any of Evanovich's other novels, other than Plum?
    yeah. i read Motor Mouth and Metro Girl. they are another series she started but abandoned. theyre really good as well. like a southern stephanie plum. i recommend them. youll like if you liked SP.
    ignorance is excellence

+ Reply to Thread