+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree260Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by SpyCandy;3372434;
    I'm between series and overwhelmed with what to buy next...maybe someone can help me find something new to read? I'm looking for a mystery, non-medical, not too deep or depressing and good n' twisty!
    Charlotte Hughes-what looks like crazy.
    ignorance is excellence

I'm between series and overwhelmed with what to buy next...maybe someone can help me find something new to read? I'm looking for a mystery, non-medical, not too deep or depressing and good n' twisty!
    Author Hailey Lind, "Feint of Art" and it's Annie Kincaid sequels; Victorie Laurie's, Psychic Eye series are good. But the Hailey Lind books are more light hearted.

If you want wacky, a little bit of Janet Evanovich type books then the Spying in High Heels (Maddies Springer) series is fun.

Have you tried Linda Lael Miller's Deadly Gamble and Deadly Perception?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Harlan Coben is terrific if you're looking for a good mystery with lots of twists and turns. Look for some of his early ones, though even his not as good ones are better than most.
    Another really good writer is Michael Connelly. The Poet is one of his best. Twists in there, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thank you so much guys!

I just finished The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta. The book had interesting characters, and interesting story, and some truly funny moments. The book chugged along nicely until we get to the end when nothing really happens. I enjoyed this book, but I feel it definitely could have used a better ending.

This books also made me think about abstinence-only sexual education for the first time, too. I've decided it's not really practical, just my personal opinion.

FORT Fogey

I finished reading A Thousand Splendid Suns this afternoon. Another amazing book! The ability that this man has to vividly paint pictures of life in Afghanistan for a world of people who've never been there puts me in awe. He can totally capture your attention with his talent for storytelling. But beyond that, the awareness he's able to spread of just how tough life can be depending on where in the world you are born is a gift that I hope he continues to share in many many more novels.

Next up for me will be Friday Night Knitting Club. After I finish a book like the last one, I always need something a little more fun and mindless.

FORT Fogey

Any ohter Philippa Grrpgry fans ehre? I was recently introduced to her writing thorugh "The Other Bolyn Girl" and have found her books not only well-written but very well researched.

I am currently reading "Earthly Pleasures" which is about the era of the early 17th century in England. It is so good that I look forward to getting to it during the reading part of my day.

I can't say that about many of the books I've had to read recently.

Just finished Bright Lights, Big Ass by Jen lancaster.
    about to start The Road
    ignorance is excellence

I finished Sex Wars yesterday and I can't say enough good things about it. A fascinating read and I plan to find a biography on Victoria Woodhull, who interested me the most. Those who enjoyed that book might like Marilyn French's Her Mother's Daughter. It is similar in genre but an emotionally difficult read.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Im on the Third Stephanie plumb book now, the second one I liked, but not a lot till about halfway through...just curious, out of the series which ones do you like the best?
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

+ Reply to Thread