+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 712 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140540 ... LastLast
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I just read 'The Seeress of Kell' by David Eddings (I know, I'm such a geek ) and it was amazing. I would definitely reccomend it

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by olivialynlee
    I just finished "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. Amazing book! Had me crying late last night!
    I just finished this book as well. It was beautifully written, and you could definitely see where each of the characters was coming from. I cried quite a few times...
    "It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies..."

I would highly recommend The Color Purple. A very moving book.[/QUOTE]

I never read the book but Love Love Love the movie.I have it on Dvd now and watch it every once in a while.It really is one of my very favorite movies of all time.
    Perhaps I should read the book.....now there's a thought.

I've been wanting to read "My Sister's Keeper." It's definitely on my list. I've only read snippets of Jodi Picoult's work, but from what I've read I'm hooked. I've just finished Leslie Schnur's "The Dog Walker." Cute book. I'm currently reading Maria McCann's "As Meat Loves Salt," and William Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying."
    Ludicrous speed!

Read "No Phule like an old Phule" by Robert Aspirin and Peter J. Heck on Wednesday, started on Thursday and finished "Tattoo Blues" by Michael McClelland on Friday. Got two more books to read this week.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Quote Originally Posted by famita
    I just finished The DaVinci Code. I had it for about 2 months before I read it. My sons and my mom and sisters all kept telling me to read it, that it was really good. I think it was on a par w/ The Source, one of my all time favorites. I
    I finally picked it up myself to see what all the fuss is about and, yeah, it's a fun page-turner. I just wanted to take a peek at the beginning while I was in the bath, and fast-forward to some very pruny toes about an hour and a half later.

I'm about halfway through now, and am enjoying all the historical, cultural factoids, and conspiracy theory stuff. We can talk about it when I'm done--I'm avoiding the Da Vinci Code thread in this forum like the plague until I'm done. I don't want to inadvertently read any spoilers! *sticks fingers in ears, sings Lalalalala!!!*
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCase
    SnowflakeGirl - I love "The Hippopotamus!" I've recommended it to many people - it's hilarious, in, as you say, a very acerbic way.

Good Omens is also one of my favorites - very funny, very fun. Worth a read.
    Isn't The Hippopotamus excellent? Glad someone else here can vouch for it.

Well, since so many people whose opinions I respect seem to like Good Omens I guess I'm going to have to get it next. American Gods just came in the mail this weekend, so I'll wait until after I'm done with that--I love Half.com!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Newbie
    Hi All

I love to read and do so for entertainment, so tend not to ready anything too heavy. I generally prefer mysteries, thrillers, courtroom dramas and a few classics here and there but have now read most of my fav. authors. At the moment, having purchased about 5 new books last week, and no knowing where to start, I started reading most of these:

The Bride Stripped Bare by Anonymous - very insightful so far.
    Postcards from the Bed by Marian Keyes - this a compilation of articles written for magazines (can read 1 then go to the next one later)
    Harry Potter & Chamber of Secrets by JK Rowling - this is my first Harry Potter experience and I became thoroughly addicted, so read all of them and am now waiting anxiously for number 6 (much like about 5 gazillion other people in the world)
    No 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall - started this in between Harry Potters, but unforunately I left in on the bus going to work so will have to buy another. I was enjoying it so far but my Harry Potter addiction was too strong to allow me to finish it.
    Halloween Party by Agatha Christie (about the 4th time) - bedtime reading - I basically remember what happens in the end so am able to get to sleep without needing to finish before I go to sleep.

Cheers
    Jen

I'm currently reading Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, Book the Tenth: The Slippery Slope

It's a good book, and it's a good series

+ Reply to Thread