+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree256Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3364408;
    I've seen Janet Evanavich's name pop up so many times on this thread so I went and ordered the first book in her Stephanie Plum series a few days ago. I am really excited to start reading it when it comes thanks to all of the people who have been talking about it on here.
    Let us know when you finish it! Her characters are a crack-up

FORT Newbie

Im excited to start! I love reading series rather than just a stand alone book. I just finished the Sookie Stackhouse (Trueblood) series by Charlaine Harris and absolutely loved it!

Does JE have any other series out there?
    ]

abbyelle-janet also writes romance novels cant say that ive ever read those.
    but she has 2 books: Motor Mouth and Metro Girl, its like a southern, nascar-lovin version of stephanie plum. i didnt think i would like it from the sound of it, but i read them both and enjoyed them. i think anything she writes is hilarious and entertaining. havent and probably wont ever read romance novels, but im sure to ppl who like that shes a pro at that too
    ignorance is excellence

I read through the Stephanie Plum series like a drug addict. I had to have the next one lined up before I finished each one. I got them all at the library. I'm still on my Marge Piercy run. Gone to Soldiers took forever but after I finished it I couldn't get it out of my head and am grateful each day for every little comfort I usually take for granted. Next I read The Third Child but wouldn't recommend it. Depressing. However, now I'm on The Longings of Women and it is fascinating. The Road mentioned up-thread was harsh, but unforgettable.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Newbie

Now I really can't wait! Darn online shopping addiction... I am reading another book right now called "What To Do About Annie" by Millie Criswell. It is pretty good, really funny. I would reccomend it if you like Janet E. (Mostly because she one of the people on the back cover of the book who gave it a high reccomendation! Didn't notice that until after I had already bought her book... ironic?)
    ]

thanks AbbyElle, im going to check her out on my lunch break. LOVE working across from the library
    ignorance is excellence

I'm immersed in a vey enjoyable book--The Tea House on Mulberry Street by Sharon Owens. The lives of several women involved with this little tea house in Ireland and how their lives are changed.
    The Tea House on Mulberry Street -- book review

Quote Originally Posted by AbbyElle;3364473;
    Im excited to start! I love reading series rather than just a stand alone book. I just finished the Sookie Stackhouse (Trueblood) series by Charlaine Harris and absolutely loved it!

Does JE have any other series out there?
    I love series to! I like the excitement of going to look for the next book in a series, but Im out of series in the authors that I normally read I think..

Im on the second book in the stephanie plumb series, my mom and sister think they are just awesome..im not quite that excited lol but I enjoyed the first one.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Newbie

If you havent read it already try the Jane Whitefield series by Thomas Perry. They are great!!!

Vanishing Act (Jane Whitefield Series #1), Jane Whitefield Series, Thomas Perry, Book - Barnes & Noble

I don't know if it will work or not but I posted a link with the description for the first book: Vanishing Act.

Fantabulous!
    ]

I'm between series and overwhelmed with what to buy next...maybe someone can help me find something new to read? I'm looking for a mystery, non-medical, not too deep or depressing and good n' twisty!

+ Reply to Thread