+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree270Likes

Thread: What are you reading?

Re: What are you reading?

I havent read it. I have seen the movie and it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. DEFinitely going to read that after The Road.
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Newbie

I've been looking for some movies to watch (I just joined Netflicks) I will definately put the movie on my list. Have you ever read My Sister's Keeper? It is one of my favorites.

No, I have never read any Jodi Piccoult. I just googled it and it looks like it will be coming out this year as a movie-starring Cameron Diaz. I will have to check it out though. Sounds interesting.

I have netflix and i love it. Theres a ton of good movies. Maybe we should move to the movie thread n discuss there.
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Newbie

That sounds good. I need suggestions. I didn't grow up watching many movies (I always had my nose stuck in a book though!) so I am trying to catch up on the good ones. I hadn't heard that My Sister's Keeper was being made into a movie- you just made my day!!!

I just finished To Kill A Mockingbird. Apparently that was not a classic I was ever required to read. We are reading it for our book club. I enjoyed it a great deal. It starts out as a nice story to read and then it picks up and I didn't want to put it down. Makes you think, makes you laugh, overall an enjoyable read.

MRD

I can't remember who suggested Jen Lancaster, but thanks. I read Such a Pretty Fat and thought I would die laughing. AND it has also inspired me to start working out again. Love it when a book actually inspires me to do something.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Jen Lancaster is great. You should check out Bitter is the New Black. Theres one more I havent read of hers too. Ill have to put that on my list also.
    ignorance is excellence

Charlotte Hughes is a great crime fiction writer. She only has a handful books, but she started a series with a recurring character-a female therapist-and the 2nd book just came out. The first one is called What Looks Like Crazy, and the new one is Nutcase. Any of her other books before that are good. I read them all. Just be careful because shes also a romance writer. She has collaborated with Janet Evanovich, which is what led me to her.
    ignorance is excellence

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3345657;
    I just finished To Kill A Mockingbird. Apparently that was not a classic I was ever required to read. We are reading it for our book club. I enjoyed it a great deal. It starts out as a nice story to read and then it picks up and I didn't want to put it down. Makes you think, makes you laugh, overall an enjoyable read.
    That's one of my all time favorite books! It's the only book I ever had to read for school which I acutally read cover to cover. Then, I've gone back to read it for fun a couple of times -- once right after I read it for school because I wanted to enjoy it, and another time a few years ago because I wanted to experience it as an adult. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by j8sheehy;3346615;
    Jen Lancaster is great. You should check out Bitter is the New Black. Theres one more I havent read of hers too. Ill have to put that on my list also.
    I'm on the list for it at the library. She plugs it shamelessly (and hysterically) in Such a Pretty Fat. I laughed so hard at that book because I've been there and I know all those birthday cake haters too!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread